General - page 1456

Tip of the day  (9)
Hi guys The idea to start this thread is that we share ideas of trading and help each other with their trade suggestions. Would be looking to see this thread with lots of comments.
Free tool to build your own indicator using neural networks. Simple. It is pattern recognition engine designed to create indicators for Forex trading. Generated indicators use neural networks to classify patterns and return statistical probability of pattern match expressed as percentage value. You...
Hello, I'll soon be taking a numeracy and financial exam in the Bloomberg building in London for a chance at working in a trading company. I'm just wondering if anyone has any useful information / resources for me to revise or do practice questions. Any help and advice would be great as i'm not too...
[Deleted]
Hello, I've been on forex sites for almost four years now... downloaded thousands of indicators, hundreds of strategies, numerous EAs, countless interpretations as to what "price action" means, dozens of webinars, various articles from professionals as to how to trade from an indefinite number of...
Will there still be a 2 GB limit for FXT files in MT5 (like there was for MT4)???  This was a really bad limitation in MT4 as this meant I could only run a backtest going back only 5 years (using 1 minute bars) otherwise the FXT file would become greater than 2 GB and my backtest would not finish...
  code mql4 to mql5  (15   1 2)
#property show_inputsextern double Lot = 0.1;extern string TradeComment="IA 8 Paires";//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| script program start function |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+int...
Hi, i have problem with sl and tp modify on ecn broker.In strategy tester places the orders without any problems with sl and tp, on demo forward test (alpari) im getting 4756 error no matter how many pips is sl and tp set and the order is set without sl and tp.Here is the journal and expert tabs and...
Dear Metaquotes, I had USD 20.00 on my account that I was able to use to make about 290,000 passes. Since my testing/ optimization required 600,000 passes, I bought an extra USD 30.00. To my shock however this was all used up in about 100,000 passes!! How do these agents exactly bill us? This is...
Hello, I want toknow if its possible to make a cloud like for the mql5 cloud networks agent. I think it is possible to share my CPU with a remote desktop but i don't know how? Any idea about share CPU and RAM? Thank you
Hey guys . Im fairly new to trading forex, and im looking for a dash bored for mt4 thats similar to hectors 3SMA dash bored .. as i could not get hectors 1 to work .. any help would be much appreciated. and thanks in advance
Can anyone of you modify one tester please need help following indicator we have startdate with time in this indicator is it possiable to code to add EndDate in it ? so we can test from any start date to any end date and could we test only two or three pairs with it. can you add option for...
i had a problem while performing the simulation test to one of my EA. it always stopped at 5% progress. in the log i saw a message saying that 44512323 bytes not found. could anyone help me on this matter
  Eurusd bullish  (3)
Hello friends- Price is at a low zigzag in most of the time frames, especially in the higher time frames. Moreover, the prices are also close to strong fibo support levels. What is trend tou think is going to be ?May be a sharp rise in EURUSD.
The following code appears to correctly report the profit being made in trades across all pairs trading on one account. But I need it to report specifically on the currency pair it is trading in. Could someone kindly amend the code to achieve this. Thanks double profitCount() { double oc = 0;...
[Deleted]
Dear members.. I am trying to create a new ea based on a newly selfdesigned system. And I like some help to get started with it. I have coded some personal ea's based on crossings, however this subject for the new system is new for me in programming. The system I designed is completely without of...
  Is it a joke?  (20   1 2)
Hi! I'm making tests to see the speed difference between mt4 and mt5 (with and without cloud and remote computers ) and using the same parameters on each side. MT4 seems to be more than 3 times faster than mt5 using 10 cores at the same time.... what the f***
I have some how removed the history, news and some of the other settings that are usually at the bottom of the software. I am not sure how to get them back. Anyone tell me how to get them back or to restore software to default settings? Thank you
  EA Fake signals  (1)
Hi Guys, Im facing a problem with one simple EMA EA... Im wondering if someone could please help understand how to check fake signals, I tried the methods reverse position but without success, someone have some pointers on this? Any examples will be useful Thanks in advance
  Forex Tips  (25   1 2 3)
Unambitious trading — Many new traders will place very tight orders in order to take very small profits. This is not a sustainable approach because although you may be profitable in the short run (if you are lucky), you risk losing in the longer term as you have to recover the difference between the...
Hi, I want to debug using a certain period (ex. M5) however, the chart opens up using H1 period by default. Is there a way to change the period when debugging. I tried Debug.tpl but it only loads the chart objects and indicators I require but not the time frame. Cheers.
Run the script: void OnStart() { HistorySelect(0,TimeCurrent()); Print(HistoryDealsTotal()," ",HistoryOrdersTotal()); } then you do some deals, and "History" tab can't refresh automatically after run the script.
Why don't traders think this simple question Why would Broker give you something that make you money so you can trade against them.? It's seems traders can't break out of the mentality trading without indicator. If you keep using indicator to entry and exit you will lose. it's better trade using
[Deleted]
Dear all, For me to able to monitor the market, I want to have many charts open. I noticed when opening the charts, that the Terminal limits the amount of charts to a max of 128. Of course I just copied/programmed the way the charts should look (indicators...) in the profiles section of MetaTrader 4...
2011.11.04 13:42:06 MQL5 Cloud Hong Kong genetic pass (481, 469285068385) tested with error "no memory" 2011.11.04 13:42:05 MQL5 Cloud Europe 2 genetic pass (388, 744960202127) tested with error "cannot load expert" There are other errors. The expert is good on local, but when it goes...
hello everyone starting from next week i am going to post my daily trading here
  TradeCopy-EURUSD Master  (37   1 2 3 4)
Link: TradeCopy-EURUSD Master Only trade with EURUSD. Initial capital: $ 10000 broker: Oanda US Leverage: 1:50 Trade since Apr 22, 2012 Risk: for single trade, 0.5%-2%. Max DD: 10% in a single month Target: 5%/Month
Hi traders professionals I looking an indicator best suited to trading on a "trend line breakdown strategy" on theM1-TFon Gold. (I find a lot of good indicators, but they are only suitable for higher-TF on this strategy). Thank you in advance for your good advice. Sorry for my english Attaching...
I am unable to post this complaint in service desk in addition to not being able to completely see the help content under mql5 docs.
I looked my agents withing the agent list on the website .....users/bec9112001/agents/list and no agents are showing up, so i ran a test to see if i could discover them remotely and i was able to outside of the local network. On metatester agent manager I put my account bec9112001 and still didnt
  REPORT GENERATOR  (1)
In an attempt to gain better understanding of gridstrategies I programmed a simple grid EA and then tried to make sense of theStrategy tester Report output in Excel. For the purpose of experiment I used a lot size of 0.1 and checked forexecution without errors. Where there is a buy one lot...