Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 446

My experience on building EA  (18   1 2)
Tried to building EA based on recommended usage of the most commons indicators such as ac, ad, adx, even combination of ma and par RESULT with the setting of equal pips to win and larger pips to accomodate the possibility that favours the movement(prevent early stop loss) with the recommended...
extern double MaxSpread = 3;int start()  { int SellOrder = 0; if(MarketInfo("GBPUSD",MODE_SPREAD) < MaxSpread)      { SellOrder = OrderSend ("GBPUSD",OP_SELL,1.0,MarketInfo("GBPUSD",MODE_BID),5,0,0,""...
Hello, Have a position for Symbol x and need to know the closes StopLevel that would be accepted by trade server. How to do this ? Thank you
I want my EA to close trade based on the change,lets say drop in bar of an indicator compared to the previous one. how can i set the condition? and if there is a manual can anyone link me? confused here
Hi Guys I was wondering if anyone knew how to have custom indicators remain on chart after backtesting?
Hi all Do you know how to download ticks/data for currency pairs and major indices for Alpari Pro? Thank you
Results are not always shown and the Journal message is that the pass was not significant. Please, please show me all the passes, good or bad, significant or not, because it helps me to learn.
In documentation, there is an example with import of stdlib.ex5 to use ErrorDescription like in MT4. But I can't find stdlib.ex5 or stdlib.mql5 anywhere. Do you know if it's stille exist or an alternative to ErrorDescription() ? Thanks
i have translate this good tool for coding string script for obsfucation. but i don t why i have this error in the log of editor at the compilation "implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' CrypTool_Mt5.mq5" ? and the script converse good running ! #property script_show_inputsinput string...
Hi. Is it necessary to have VPS for a subscribed MQL4 signal? Also, is it best to use the broker that the signal author uses. Thanks, J
Hi, I created an EA for study perpous on the base of ADX, which take a long +DI > -DI and Short when -DI>+DI, but the EA which i created is not trading at all, need help from the programers or some one who familiar with this. i am posting my ea here Thanks in advance Suresh...
Dear All, I Edit an EA which works with BB and DEMA, I replaced DEMA as RSI, for some studyes perpous, but i get some error like, 'CopyBuffer' - no one of the overloads can be applied to the function call Bband.mq5 131 7 i am attaching the EA here,please advice me were i  went wrong, and guide me to...
Hi, I'm experiencing a bit of "documentation confusion" I hope someone can help me with. The documentation for all CopyXXX() functions contains the following note: "Note When requesting data from the indicator, if requested timeseries are not yet built or they need to be downloaded from the server,...
I am looking for real time signal to trade German Index FDAX. How I can search for that?
Hi, I m trying to open a second chart for my EA, but whan I call "ChartOpen(_symbol, _period);" in OnInit() function, the thing is that TWO charts are opened instead of only one. Any idea about why? Thanks in advance
Ive done some research on the topic. But the only 'recent' thing i could find was a script from 2011.11.29 13:46 https://www.mql5.com/en/code/712 But it gives me a lot of errors (very a lot) when i load it up to MetaEditor. So i thought maybe there is now a standard function implemented to load...
i have done backtesting ,and i want to do some real time testing ,but i have a demo account only. can i ? thanks.
Dear All, I have been with Meta trader last 2 years only, i feel realy comfert with MT5 than MT4, i have have gone throw most of the articles in MT5, then i decided to create my own trading module, here i have no problwm with my strategy bcoz i am certified TEC Analyst, and know some c++...
Hi everybody, For moving my EAs from my PC to a standalone-server im now watching for matching hardware. I already searched for the hardware-requirements and just found it for MT4 (1.0 GHz , 512 MB Ram) Now my favourite is this: <link to amazon.de deleted> HP MicroServer AMD TurionII N40L DualCore
Hi, Just out of curiosity does anyone know why the appearance of objects varies when I run EA in the tester visual mode? Below pic is an example. Some of the rectangles have fill while others do not. This is not a problem but it would be nice to know why this is so. Thanks! Br, Candles
Hi All, I'm trying to have my EA pause after a deal was closed so that he does not re-open a position for "x" amount of candles. I tried to achieve that using  the pause function but when back testing it seems like the pausing is not applied.  Is there another way I could do that, that would work...
Hi, I wonder how can I test my EAs real time without using my own computer. I would like to use a cloud service where I can set my EA to run 24/7 and have the possibility to follow its actions in realtime. Is this possible? Br, Candles
hi ! i have seen lots of ea trading on eru/usd or gbp... is there something on GOLD(xauusd) or SILVER( xagusd ) and any ideas about thtat... thanks all
I have come across 2 potentially good systems using TOM DEMARK's methodologies. I'm not sure if these have already been programmed for MQL5. If not, will someone take the ball and run with it.. giving us these INDICATORS or EA's ? System A : http://forex-onderyworldscorp.blogspot.com...
Whenever I make a change to my Advisor I cannot get meta trader 5 to pick up the changes. For example if I change one of the global inputs in the code, reload the advisor by right clicking it and hitting refresh. Then right clicking test on the advisor again it will always remember my previous...
Ive tried to load this indicator to my EA: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9660/page9#comment_411206 But i need some help.. Ive tried: //---- indicator parameters - in the indicator it selfinput int Length = 9; // Price Channel Periodinput ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE Price...
  Debugging an EA  (11   1 2)
Hi guys, I need your help. I am new to developing EAs and I have troubles debugging my code. If I use the debugging tool, after defining my breakpoints and start the tool, the application doesn't do anything: it runs (I can pause it or stop it), but it doesn't go to the any breakpoint or finish...
I am calling the TRIX indicator in an EA to calculate some values. The moving period can vary so I am calling it within a function and not within the OnInit() function. The issue I am having is every time the moving period changes, it adds a new indicator to the chart. Is there a way to either...
Hi All, Doing some back test I realised that there are some hours where the EA does not perform well. See below Chart. First I was wondering is this chart from the MQL5 strategy tester based on the opening Hour of the deal or closing hour of the deal? I guess opening but not sure. So...
Hi Guys, Very basic question but I can't seem to be able to get around it: How do I write an on chart comment with multiple lines ? Comment("Comment Ligne One","Comment Ligne Two"); Thanks