Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 441

[Deleted]
I'm taking a look at the MT5 core classes (Array.mqh, List.mqh, Chart.mqh, etc.), and I see that the reserved word this is never used for referring to the object itself inside the class itself. This is a very common practice in OO languages as far as I know. In fact, MQL5 allows the use of this,...
Hi everyone,  If visualization is not checked in strategy tester - there is no trading (EA). If checked then it is working fine. This makes me scratch my head. Any ideas? 
Does this one exist for metatrader http://screencast.com/t/W19SBVDt?
so, how do you actually make a EA in MT5? so far I've been looking at the code generated by wizard for like 30 min, yet I still cna't find "OrderSend" or anything else that actually sends a order based on indicator value or w/e in MT4 u just simply made a indicator, u stored it's value in variable
How can I amend an existing trailing stop on an existing order once a certain price level has been achieved? I mean I can do it manually but how can I automate this using EA or whatever it is?
Hi Friends,           I am trying to port my EA from MQL4to MQL5. I want to create an array having open prices of open trades at thatmoment. Codes and output of both MQL4 and 5 are given below. In MQL5 if I add an order manually it’s been added to the previously...
  iCustom give a wrong output  (25   1 2 3)
Hi, I am porting my EA from MQL4 to MQL5. In that I am using iCustom() function. It returns a very different data. The output is 2013.07.01 13:23:48 test (EURUSD,H1) Sell = 4035.0 2013.07.01 13:23:48 test (EURUSD,H1) Buy = 4034.0 It is supposed to be 0 and 1 to 1.9. Cuz it is been used in...
This is a stupid question but i can't find it: Who can i take the "every tick" price in a EA? What is the variable exactly that include this price?  Thank you and i'm sorry for this stupid question!!!
I  have used  iCustom() to call ZigZag indicator but get some problem,   In OnInit() function the code like this:      if(m_handle_indicator==INVALID_HANDLE)      if((m_handle_indicator=iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,"Examples\\ZigZag",InpDepth,InpDeviation...
class CTrade  {private:   MqlTradeRequest   request; MqlTradeResult    result; // ADD SL TP Point Conversion   public: bool openPosition (ENUM_ORDER_TYPE pType, double pVolume, string pSymbol, double pStopLoss = 0, double...
[Deleted]
Hello there, Today I am cleaning some OOP code written in MQL5 syntax! Right now I am pretty sure that you can write something like the following in compiled languages such as Java and C: class CGraphic   {      public:         string pair;         CSymbolInfo symbol;         ENUM_TIMEFRAMES...
Has anybody tried this expert? if so, what was your outcome?
Hi,   I am looking for a function in a script that opens a window with some information (that I pass as a string) and has to buttons to select "OK" and "Cancel". If "Cancle" is chosen, I would like to exit the script.    Thank you.   Best, Chris 
hello everybody I'm trying to backtest and forward test some advisors I've downloaded, unfortunately some of them don't trade, they take some minutes to run the test and then I've zero trades in the report. it there any debugger other then print()? or do you know which are the main causes for this...
I have got two different platform of Meta Trader 5. I want to capture the price of EURUSD spot from one platform and use that price as an input for the second platform. How can i do that? Is it possible to handle a price from a one exchange and use it in another exchange? Is that possible?
Hi, I use the ExpertMAMA in mt5, I have optimized this expert and I use it with automated trading (demo for the moment). It buy or sell only with 0.01 as volume, how to modify this volume by 4.00? Thank you for your help. Bruno
Are there any examples available of connecting MQL5 to Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services to execute SSIS packages?
I'm very new to MQL5. I am trying to migrate an indicator to mql5 from mql4. While using iStochastic I'm getting following errors. Error: 'MODE_MAIN' - undeclared identifier BFS_Stoc.mq5 107 87 'iStochastic' - wrong parameters count BFS_Stoc.mq5 107...
[Deleted]
Hello there, I'm modelling a graphic in a MQL5 struct like this: struct bar  {   datetime time;   // ...     };struct graphic  {   CSymbolInfo symbol;   ENUM_TIMEFRAMES timeframe;   bar bars[];  }; This is because later I want to define properties of type graphic in any class, for instance: // .....
Hi everyone Im fairly new to the metatrader 5 application and started writing my own EA. The strategy Tester is a powerful tool helping me with this. But since i tested some random downloaded EA, almost all my dropdown menus disappeared. Ive been struggling for quite a time to get them back, but i...
Hi First Sorry For Bad English !!! I Need an expert that alert me when an indicator (For example: RSI, MFI Or ...) crossing any value that we send it (in parameter ) For example : when RSI Cross 30 or MFI Cross 70 I don't know any thing about MQL5 and i'm beginner in this software please help me in
If you call a custom indicator from EA, is there a way to know if the indicator initialized successfully? In my experience, iCustom() always returns valid handle, regardless of result of custom indicators OnInit(). This is also valid for putting custom indicator on chart: initialization fails,...
I need to write and implement an automated strategy that will perform the following: Go Long when SMA 10 crosses above SMA 30 and Go Short when it crosses below. It should not re-enter a trade prior to 1 hour befor e close. HERE is a video http://screencast.com/t/dOXBSytiCC illustrating my
Hello, I am not new to programming, however I am new to mql5 and the metatrader. When I use the MetaEditor to write a new version of my EA all my changes are not used, MT is using an old version of my EA. Does anyone know what I am missing? Thanks a lot in advance
hello guys during testing I'd like to get the full list of trades, somthing like this: trade n p/l pips p/l in $ p/l % 1 200 1400$ 0.2% 2 -300 -2100$ -0.3% someone know whether it's possible in meta trader?
Hi all How can I attach a script to chart within the init-part of an EA? I've always a coresponding script to each EA I need to attach. Thanks for help. Best Regards, FX_TA
Hello all, Here is the result when running strategy tester with ExpertMAPSARSizeOptimized.ex5 on EURUSD market between 01-05 to 12-05 : Initial deposit : 1000€ Net total profit : 3577.02€ Brut profit : 5215.98€ Brut loss : -1638.96€ Don't you think that is awesome ? Thanks
Good day, I am new to the forum. I have a very good binary options system that I would like to have automated. However I am in the process of reading the necessary information on this site before proceeding. I would like to know if anyone can direct me to a " Non -Disclosure Form"  for...
have any functions? any suggestion? thanx phil
[Deleted]
Which MT5 functions to use for Call and Put kind of trades in Futures ?