Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 304

Hello All, In my EA I want to send an order and monitor its individual executions, if any. To do so I implemented the OnTradeTransaction() method to intercept each execution. However, I'm experiencing different behavior when running my code in the Strategy Tester and when running it  as if in...
Hey, the Bee is back again with questions. I've read a few threads, where traders take into account the percent of risk they're ready to take. (e.g. %5 of Free Margin or so) which is understandable. then I read some EA codes and some scripts, which try to calculate the lot size, based on where
Hi there,I have been writing a few expert advisors for the past weeks and mostly they work well but for some reason I often find that on GBP currency pairs some of them only open 1 trade and no more. I have looked at the code in the debugger and I get the error "no money" when I execute OrderCheck....
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                          test_printf_rounded.mq5 |//|                        Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                             https://www.mql5.com...
How to check if the middle line in Bollinger indicator is some what straight or stable? See the following red circle in the image:   Kindly, let me know.
[Deleted]
Hi, I've searched for an 'upgrade' as I recently found that almost all Renko builders recalculate. I use Renko. The solution is to anchor it in time (set a start date) but i do not know how. I considered paid options but none release the source code. I get why but at the same time trust has to work
Hello, Why does this script produce a out of range ? Thanks, Pierre //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                 stOutOfRange.mq5 |//|                        Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software Corp....
hello, I've created a custom symbol from EUR/USD. In the backtest trades are working good but there are lots of errors "2018.04.21 18:13:02.839 Core 1 2008.10.29 01:02:00  no prices for symbol USDEUR_BASKET (1970.01.01 00:00:00 0.00000, 0.00000)"  although I use only the eur/usd and not...
#include<Trade\Trade.mqh>CTrade trade;void OnTick()   {      trade.Buy()   } What do I need to add/change to the code above so that it executes a buy order only once after I run the EA? I'm only newbie. Thanks!
HI.  I am running the following code for GBP/JPY: void OnTick() {   // get last tick   double last=SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol, SYMBOL_LAST);   Print(last); or: MqlTick last_tick;    if(SymbolInfoTick(Symbol(),last_tick)) {       Print(last_tick.time,": Bid = ",last_tick.bid, " Ask = ",last_tick.ask...
Hi, I just switched from MT4 to MT5 and what a pain converting from MQL4 to MQL5. A major problem I cannot solve is how to have several orders (MT4) in the same symbol each with a different stop loss (SL). E.g. Order 1, buy opened at 1.22, SL 1.20 Order 2, buy opened at 1.25, SL 1.22 Order 3, buy...
Hi all, I have written and currently run a mulit-symbol EA in MT4which monitors and trades a portfolio of appox 300 stock-CFD’s. I have effectively re-written it for MT5 because the brokerI now prefer, uses MT5 instead. The code uses a timer initiated For Loop which cyclesthrough the symbols, tests...
hey all, does anybody know of a way to automate the generation/export of account reports? I found an EA that has been performing well - HOWEVER, I still need to do further testing and observation in real-time. I'm running MT4 on a VPN, and originally thought I could simply get a program that...
Hi community, i have an expert with some gui objects, buttons, editfields, arranged below a rectangle. When the rectangle is dragged, all the objects in it are moved accordingly. I run this on MetaTrader 4 as well as on MetaTrader 5. The code is pretty similar, except some details. Now the problem
Gentlemen, I would like to know if you know any script to update the graph with automatic frequency every 10 min. Thank you.
For me, volatility situations were always times when I decided to shutdown my EA. I felt that my servers would never be fast enough to trade news or, for example, central bank decisions. Now and then I try to keep up with new developments, so my question would be if there are any positive news about...
study(title="Steven Primo's PET-D", shorttitle="Pet-D", overlay=true) petd = ema(close, 15) up = close > petd ? green : red barcolor(up) Hope you understand what I mean!
HI, can anyone help me to explain what does 'end of test' means in Strategy Tester MT5? And I also get status with 'so 11.87%', what does it mean? TIA.
I get this error when loading metatrader from the command line with a config.ini file 2013.03.27 21:43:46 Exception Encountered an improper argument. This error happens if the following functions are contained in the EA: void OnTesterInit()void OnTesterPass()void OnTesterDeinit() I do not...
Hello, It's an Expert. Why this EA does not display my "indicator" on the chart? Thanks, Pierre //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                    eaHighLow.mq5 |//|                        Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software...
How do I code my EA to collect the last closed order's profit/loss? I can track the p/l for live orders, and if I close the order, I can collect the data... but if the system closes the order... for whatever reason... I don't know how to collect the data. Chuck
Hello friends, I'm looking for some custom codes, it will be very helpful for me if any one provides me. I have already created an EA but I'm have to make some changes in it. I'm looking for simple codes. 1) The order should open only if LAST CLOSED TRADE LOT size is X (Variable). 2) The order...
Good morning, I have an EA that I created and have been using it for the past year but now I'm trying to make it "better" and one of the things that I need to do is find a better way to add orders. Today, I use the MqlTradeRequest and MqlTradeResult so I can add order, but by using that, sometimes a...
Hi everyone, I am completely new to the idea of coding. I have tried to look at videos and learn it myself, but it will take some time. I am trying to figure out if the following is possible to be coded: An EA that works on any time frame,, An EA that works on all currencies,, Utilising the...
Hello.... I recently started experimenting with MQL5 and the following happens to me ... According to what I know ... it should be in 1, but it never leaves 2. OnInit()   ObjectCreate(StringToInteger(_Symbol),"1EstadoSuperiorLavel",OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0);   ObjectSetString(0,"1EstadoSuperiorLavel"...
Is there any EA that can close (or move the stop loss) to a level when all my open trades have reached a certain % profit for the day. Let's say I have $500 in my account and make some manual trades or EA's. I want them to secure all trades when they have reached more than 2% profit. So, if the...
Hello, i am using Dukascopy files exported with tickstory in MT5 with custom Symbol. Now when i want to start testing in Strategy Tester i get following error: 2018.04.10 22:56:53.525 Core 1  EURUSD_test: symbol to be synchronized2018.04.10 22:56:53.525 Core 1  EURUSD_test: symbol synchronized, 3464...
Is this normal that OnTick (and start) function in EA does not work on weekend ? OnTick (and start) works fine in Strategy tester but not in live mode. I expected it to work at least once even it is weekend. I am not sure if this is normal behaviour or particular to my own MetaTrader. I checked...
Hello friends, I am running an EA on one of my accounts on activtrades, and at least once a week I get a "4752 error" message, I searched and the error means "Trading by Expert Advisors prohibited" I contacted  activtrades and they did not inform me anything besides that the problem is not with them...
Hi can anyone share the code for the following problem Problem statement :  Need to place a SL on new high (when candle closes at new high ) the sell position must be close