Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 185

Dear developers! I continue to get the error "wrong timeframe request in Open Prices testing mode". All the testing is provided in "Open prices only" mode EXCLUSIVELY on M1 timeframe. I actually test the EA, in which timeframe of the loaded custom indicator is set as an input parameter. Because I...
Hi, I have 3 Custom Symbols: EURUSD3 (copy from Forex\Majors\EURUSD) US303 (copy from Indices\Indices Spot\Major Spot Indices\US30) DE303 (copy from Indices\Indices Spot\Major Spot Indices\DE30) I have imported tick data for each symbol, Charts for each symbol are ok, no problem. If I try to
Hi, I am just trying to made Expert Advisor based on " MACD Sample" from mql5 examples. It is kind of ema cross, but with low price ema and high price ema, I made it in different way, but without possibility of changing inputs. After changes high ema and low ema aren't apperating on chart and Expert
This EA i have been using in MT4 works great but now i want to take advantage of the extra timeframes provided in MT5, anybody who can contribute a little in helping me convert this, Thanks a ton
[Deleted]
Please help me debug "array out of range in 'FxEATestHighLow2.mq5' (68,20)" error in the following code ... //+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| FxEATestHighLow2.mq5
I have added a SMA indicator to the RSI window in my chart and set it to First Indicator's data, how do i create handle for the SMA and access its values
There are all sorts of Signals listed in MT4 that I can't find here: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/mt4 Why the discrepancy? For example, <Deleted> cannot be found when I search <Deleted> with no filters
A lot of issues happening. I'm trying to import 5000 candles to a custom Symbol, here is the properties: { "ConfigSymbols" : [ { " Symbol " : "ETHUSDcustom", "Path" : "Custom\\ETHUSDcustom", "ISIN" : "", "Category" : "", "Exchange" : "", "Description" : "", "Basis" : "", "Page" : "", "CurrencyBase"
Hi Team, I have subscribed to a Signal service but I am getting a message that Symbols aren't available. I have checked my platform and can see that Symbols are available and they are in correct format. Is there I can do about it
Hi I want to add a bitmap to the chart , i put the bmp file on the image folder and its work good (i see the photo on the chart) but when i sent the EX5 file to my friend he dont see the photo on the chart , just if i send him the bmp file and he put is on image folder then its work good , how can i
Hi, I am new to MQL5 and wanted to build a Service to monitor/send data of multiple charts to some other app/file. But as documentations states that we cannot use Symbol() function in Services, if tried following codes chartID = ChartID (); Sym = ChartSymbol (chartID); and Sym = ChartGetString
Hi, I have imported custom symbols ticks from CSV. I have generated bars with an EA script. When I launch a simple script with strategy tester for a single symbol I got the excepted results. But when I try to launch the same script on All Market Watch symbols, some of the symbols (but not all)
Hello, i came across a problem that iBarShift returns -1, when CopyRates returns less bars than requested and i call subsequently iBarShift . This is demonstrated by the indicator attached. This unexpected behaviour should be fixed. // apply to EURUSD 1 Month #property version "1.00" #property
Hello, I have an ea which allows me to detect a setup and display signs (arrows) on the graph. now I would like that when I run it it can detect me the signals of the last 5 days (a bit like an indicator) but I don't know how to go about it, is it possible
I've downloaded a custom indicator called the TradersDynamicIndex and am having trouble calling the indicator in the EA. I get the following error in strategy tester TDI is not custom indicator and will be removed cannot load custom indicator 'TDI' [4802] indicator create error OnInit critical error
Hello, if i set an expiry date in my EA, is it normal that in the strategy tester the EA still opens trade? Or i did something wrong? This is the code i used. datetime expiryDate= D'2021.04.21 11:35' ; void OnTick () { if ( TimeCurrent ()>expiryDate) { Comment ( "Expired" );
i want to have one position until reverse condition. how can i solve this problem
Hi, i need manual entry position to be close following EA entry position ticket no. EA open entry position and i do reentry few more additional new position manually by following EA. I want my manual entry position to close follow selected EA entry position ticket no. When EA close it's position, my
Hi, I developed a robot (Expert Advisor) and I put in my code to open only one position at the time and do not open any position if one already exist. I back-tested in Demo and in live account for different date ranges and works perfectly. Then I bought VPN from MQL5 to make sure the robot will work
I developed a EA and it works perfecly fine when I run a backtest on it, but when I insert it on the chart using my demo account, it behaves differently. For example: In the backtest i run it using 1 lot, but for some reason in the demo account on real time it uses 2 lots. I didn't test it on the
My backtests take forever to execute when I call this function inside the OnTick: (currentDateLastCheck gets the current day, so I don't store the whole historic) void dailyGain(){ HistorySelect ( StringToTime (currentDateLastCheck), TimeCurrent ()); uint total= HistoryDealsTotal (); ulong
Hi guys, I want to make an EA only trade in certain time ranges? I can't seem to locate any tutorial on timers in the article section.  I'm also confused regarding the time here in MQL5, what time does all our platforms follow? our individual local time, or is there a universal time being used?...
I'm looking to incorporate a value generated in this STC indicator into my EA: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/20281 On inspecting the code I discovered there is a data type called "valc" that holds a value (0, 1 or 2) - these numbers indicate whether the trend is going up (1) or down (2) Normally
Is there the possibility to draw graphic objects on top of the stock chart of the MetaTrader 5 Terminal using the Python language? I couldn't find any instructions
Hello, An old, deactivated expert advisor of mine executes automated trades (!). It was installed about a month ago, but cancelled then. This expert is not listed in the hosting journal, but definitely runs anywhere in the background. The activity shows in the server terminal but not in the experts
HI there, I have developed a very simple EA trading script (I am newbie) which buy when it receives the first tick of a symbol and sell 20 days after. When I launch the script on a single symbol with the strategy tester , I got a correct result. But when I launch the strategy tester on "All Symbols
hi, i bought an ea from mql5 a few months ago, today the ea stopped working , i addressed to the author of ea and i was told that the ea stopped working because he was banned so if i need to be refunded i should claim at mql5, its not his fault finally who is responsible for this did i lose my money
Hi guys Which symbols OnTick function updates, only current one or all symbols in market watch. If any symbol is not in MarketWatch, its Bid or Ask can be fetched on tick
Chart attached. Any reason why my EA is making buy orders way above the candle high? Doesn't seem to do this with sell orders in the opposite direction. It doesnt do this in all cases, just some of the time
hi i try to upload a EA to market for the first time i get a massage " contains native code " the EA is a base a "Chart event " when i try to compile to the cloud protector its give me error " sending request to protector server error (3-3, #0) " how can i upload this EA to the market ? ( i have a