Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 160

We are being told by our EA coder that the EA is working perfectly when he tests it, however i have made videos of attaching it and editing it just as he recommends and it still consistently does not perform correctly. Are there settings on my computer that could be interfering? Possibly even
Hello I want to draw "LINEAR REGRESSION CHANNEL" by my hand, so i want to know how to do this mathematically
hi thanks for all who can help me i want to write a code that call many moving average when they cross they give me signal to buy or sell really i made the code but i have a problem that i want to call moving average in the h1 time frame or h4 but the expert isn't working according to this example
I'm looking for someone generous to code an indicator for me. The indicator I would like coded is a modification of the Bill Williams Fractal indicator. Here are a few things the indicator should do: 1. I need it to filler out fractals that appear conservatively- two of the same in a row, three in a
Hello guys! I have an issue with my EA. It is giving this Error 3 Invalid Trade Parameters but only if I use it on lower timeframes ( lower then M4). On M4 or Daily time is working fine. My SL and TP are calculated as per ATR value...also lotsize...maybe on lower timeframes lotsize cannot be
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a question about using standard library indicators and which one is superior in terms of performance(both RAM and CPU). for example the MACD indicator handle can be created both by: CiMACD* MACDhandle; MACDhandle= new CiMACD() and by the normal handle= iMACD (.....); copybuffer(...); and
[Deleted]
Good Afternoon ! Any idea why this happens EVEN rebooting both side machines ? I have also rebooted all of them and even so I still have some ports not working ! (pict atached) Thank you MRC
hello ,Please, This code is for opening trades after closing a candle, I want to modify the opening of trades after closing the candle by five pips if(Open_Orders_TF &&(!Max_Spread_TF ||(Spread/Pointt)<=Max_Spread) && LastRealOOTM(Frame_MagicNumber)<ime[0]) thank you
I'm testing my EA. But I can't fetch good real ticks before 2019. I tried FXTM and IC Markets. I wonder how did some developers backtest since 2012, even 2009 with real ticks
Hello , dear friends how I can use mt5 offline like mt4 , I want use offline for backtest because I think my DSL has a problem with some servers and I'm tired of testing anyway , because all my result different together best all my result with alpari meta trader as default mql5 website platform...
Hello Team - I am new to MT5 and i have been trying to develop an EA. I opened an initial trade and pending orders for 3 additional trades. Using the order delete function deletes the pending orders when i run the EA before the market order even opens. I will appreciate if i can get help here on how
Hi, I am learning MQL5 language, Currently, I do not know the Single Account License and Time-limit Protection functions Can someone help me? I have consulted this article, but it only has the notification function, which cannot protect the account. Can anyone help me
Hello, I'm currently working on a Ichimoku EA and I'm struggling with the possible conditions for opening a position. I would like to know WHY when the EA is checking for the condition "BUY_OPEN" or "SELL_OPEN" if (Nb_positions< 1 && BUY_OPEN ) It does NOT take into account the "Open_buy_position"
Hi, I use a 40 core xeon cpu and 80GB mem, 3 SSD RAID striping set for cache and 48TB HDD, 2x10gBit network. A test cycle in strategy tester with a single pass is 9 minutes. if I want to find optimized values I choose so, that it is a multiple of 40. So it does 40,80 or 200 cycles. I believed, that
If Backtesting start date is set to 1 week ago, and an indicator is looking back 2 weeks, will the indicator have access to data from 2 weeks ago? So I can understand what's happening, please assume the MT5 is fresh installed so there is no existing data downloaded from trade server yet
  Hard SL
Hello, I'm having trouble with HardSL . It seems to be closing sometimes in a major percentage than I've set , these are the lines: void HardStop(){ double TotalProfit= 0 ,TotalLoss= 0 ; double SymbolProfit= 0 ,SymbolLoss= 0 ; for ( int i= 0 ;i< PositionsTotal ();i++){ ulong iTicket=
I figured this forum would have some great insights on this question. Thanks in advance :)
I have found how to use indicators data in the cases, when indicators are manage to fill data arrays. But lot of the indicators are just draw their output on the chart and don't fill these arrays. And when I say "they don't fill" I mean that I don't see any data in the "Data Window", so I suppose
class PositionsForGoldStructure { // PositionStructure holds the details used to populate per position. class PositionsStructure { public : double dPipRangeValue; // ... more variables. PositionsStructure() { } }; }; my question is. If you use a multi dimensional
Hi, I am trying to complete the code for a tight trailing stop for my EA. The Trailing Stop I currently have is such as that only when the trade is much closer to the TP, is when the actual SL is moved up, but I want to make a trailing stop that stays exactly the same distance from the current
Hello, I'm fairly new to coding and I've run into a problem that I don't know how to fix. I'm trying to make a EA that trades using the Bollinger Bands indicator to then maybe use in a more sophisticated EA later. However during my testing I've noticed that it is not placing any orders. Although it
  MT5 Web API auth  (2)
Hi, I hope there somebody help me with this topic. I want develop MT5 Web API use .NET without .NET dll from MT5 SDK, I want create manual authentication like SDK example in PHP or JavaScript, is there somebody do like this ? Thank you before
Dígame si me van alludar si no ya dejen de mandar tantos textos u mails
Hi, I am coding a basic RSI trading bot that takes trades when the the RSI is reverting back to the mean (RSI middle of 50) after leaving the upper or lower band. So basically if the RSI has gone under 37.5, and then when the RSI is peaked sell of and is going back up towards the mean, I want place
Hi guys, I have around 10.000 lines of code. Indicator frezze randomly in MT5. Same code in MT4 have no problems. Is there any way to find out which line of mql5 code causing indicator and chart to frezze? It usualy frezze after an half of hour. Is any tool in mql5 to show code where indicator
  is backtesting  (7)
is there a function that can detect that I'm doing a backtesting
  Use of arrays  (1)
How can I use the array Currency to replace EURUSD so multiple functions like BullishCandlestick() can check multiple currencies simultaneously? Thanks string Currency[ 5 ] = { "EURUSD" , "USDCHF" , "GBPCAD" , "GBPNZD" , "GBPUSD" }; bool BullishCandlestick() { if ( iOpen (
Our EA builder seems to be having difficulty getting the Ea to work our our terminals because we have different order filling modes( IOC, FOC) than he has on the terminal on which he tests it. My question is, is this really a difficult thing to fix? Is it possible to build an EA that works
Hello. I am practicing coding an EA that uses Heikin Ashi data (only close and open since that's all I need right now) to determine trades. When I backtest it I get an array out of size and ontick critical error, and debugging it points me to the pricedatapoints variable. The last time I had an
  Split Orders  (2)
Hello! I need an example related to order splitting function to reduce slippage when trading large volumes for EA MT5 Thanks