Clarification from the Administration - page 2

If both the customer and the programmer want to work directly, no one will stop them. Unless they control all correspondence manually (moderate every message and every file sent to make sure there is no contact information, link, or hint). But they certainly won't do it - it's unrealistically expensive and very slow.

Freelance provides a service (secure transaction, arbitrage) and charges a commission for it. And whoever wants to use it - uses it.

Those who don't want to use it, can simply write on the forum "looking for a programmer, write in person".

Vasiliy Pushkaryov:

That was the message:

I haven't seen such a post before. this is again to what I wrote at the end of my long "train of thought" as it has been called here: it would be good to make freelancers aware of changes in the rules, rather than banning someone for not seeing something in the forum.

But this post from Renat was 3.5 years ago. I would like to know what is the opinion of the Administration now. Because I, for example, am not willing to take the risk. Therefore I removed the data from the profile and even in all social networks surname changed to search through the search did not find and of course, as the client would not ask then contacts, I do not give them. Why do I have to take the risk.

I would like to ask the Administration to respond.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

If both the customer and the programmer want to work directly, no one will stop them. Unless they control all the correspondence manually (moderate every message and every file sent to make sure there are no contact details, links, or hints). But of course, they will not do it - it is unrealistically expensive and very slow.

It's much simpler )

Although they themselves might have solicited the job directly. And that's it, busted. No need to moderate all correspondence )

Vasiliy Pushkaryov:

That was the message:

But if a performer always acts like that, it's kind of unseemly even. And I think Renat wrote that action could be taken against such a client.

I can ask for contacts when a client wants to refine something after the job is closed, and you can't place an order for that amount of money here.

At one time wrote that they will think about solving the issue of small rework. Does anybody already know if it is possible to refine an EA or indicator for $10-20?

I totally agree. I've seen messages from the administration that if the developer and the client decide directly after ordering on freelance, it is normal.

It is not normal if only one of them insists directly (all the more so ifbefore first order) and it casts suspicion, because saving 10% is almost always not critical compared with other risks of work.

By the way about moderation - I, for example, only have 15 orders during the year, the second time I wanted to withdraw money and again "checking the account", I have been waiting for a fortnight, it is not clear what you can check if not every order including correspondence, so it can and is practiced. Those who write 15 orders per month / week - that's moderators with them probably hard))

I'm on the side of the admins, the contacts should be removed altogether

Vladimir Baskakov:
I'm on the side of the admins, the contacts should be removed altogether

By the way, so did I. and I waited for three and a half years and wrote such and other suggestions in person. no response. i asked directly what i am asking now - either vague answers or no response. i had to raise the topic.

I am not in favour of a mutiny on the ship and not in favour of zhaluchit kopeck. i am in favour of clarity, transparency and most importantly equality of treatment for all.

By the way, the administration hasn't responded.

Fast235:

Of course you can

Of course you can't, the customer is found on freelance and the next orders are also through freelancing

Denis Nikolaev:
Of course not, the customer was found on freelance and the next orders are also through freelancing

Have you not read the previous posts with quotes from the administration claiming otherwise? Or do you have an insider's view that something has changed?)

Mikhail Pityugov:

By the way, so did I. and I waited for three and a half years and wrote such and other suggestions in person. no response. i asked directly what i am asking now - either vague answers or no response. i had to raise the topic.

I am not in favour of a mutiny on the ship and not in favour of zhaluchit kopeck. i am in favour of clarity, transparency and most importantly equality of treatment for all.

By the way, the administration still does not respond.

Why should they respond, everything has been answered long ago. There are no effective ways to cut off direct contacts outside the forum. By name and photo you can find anyone if you want to. There is not even a need to exchange contacts).

Or then make the whole forum anonymous)))

Vladimir Baskakov:
I side with the admins, the contacts should be removed altogether

Apparently you've never ordered anything.