And what factor could push the price of oil into the $20-$15-a-barrel range? - page 9

Edgar Akhmadeev:
Encouraging news is unlikely to bring the price back to past levels anytime soon. All the vaults are filled to capacity. More likely to stabilise at $25-35.

I read in an article that the volume of oil storage in Russia is secret information. And maybe we can pump the same volume just by filling the storage facilities.

Vitalii Ananev:

I read in an article that the volume of oil storage facilities in Russia is secret information. And maybe we can pump the same volume just by filling the storage facilities.

I also read that RF has hardly ever reduced production. But trade is still bad and any storage capacity won't last long. And you can't stop production, you won't be able to restore it later. That is why some producers are paying extra to buyers.

Here is another example of how they like to compensate for their losses at the expense of ordinary peoplehttps://www.gazeta.ru/business/news/2020/04/07/n_14261119.shtml?utm_source=yxnews&utm_medium=desktop

At a time when global gas prices are going down, they are raising the price for people.

It says that Russia has agreed to cut oil production under the OPEC+ deal by 14 per cent from first quarter 2020 levels.

Цены на газ для россиян могут вырасти на 3%
Цены на газ для россиян могут вырасти на 3%
  • www.gazeta.ru
Федеральная антимонопольная служба предложила повысить цены на газ для населения на 3%. Это следует из проекта приказа, опубликованного на портале нормативных правовых актов. Оптовые цены на газ, который предназначен...

Vitalii Ananev:

They write that Russia has agreed to cut oil production under the OPEC+ deal by 14 per cent from first quarter 2020 levels.

I wonder who is "writing". The meeting was postponed from 6 to 9 precisely because they could not agree. Most analysts think the chances are doubtful, especially because of the reluctance of the US to become a member of OPEC++. And Iran and Iraq, one of the main parties besides the Saudis (who are on fire) have explicitly said that there is no reason to agree until ALL oil producers are part of the deal and their position is made clear.

PS: You have conflated the 2 news stories. It gives the false impression that the OPEC news is from this article. In fact, Gazeta.ru is from the same basket as Lenta, Dozhd, Echo Moskvy, RBC (political, not financial), MK etc.

If you want to know how much gas (and gasoline) costs for people in other countries and how many countries in general are almost 100% gasified (not counting the less populated and remote areas). Almost everywhere in the world, people use gas cylinders, which is a real hassle, not to mention the astronomical price. And many countries even prohibit the use of cylinders. I lived in the poorest Asian country, where prices for everything, except for things grown on the garden plot, and for housing, are higher than in Russia.

Here is the difference between the truth and the liberal "truth" - it writes that prices to the population are being raised (due to lower world prices), but in reality - subsidies for public services are being reduced every year. For a long time. Just as was stated from the beginning. That prices would very gradually be brought up to market prices.

We will find out all about OPEC after 5pm today

Edgar Akhmadeev:

That's the difference between the truth and the liberal "truth" - it writes that prices to the population are being raised (due to lower world prices), but in fact - utility subsidies are being reduced every year. For a long time. Just as it was stated from the beginning. That prices would very gradually be brought up to market prices.

It is quite possible that gas prices for households are now below market levels. And they are gradually being raised to market levels.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Whoever is interested, look up how much gas (and gasoline) costs to the public in other countries...

So?

https://ru.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

Were we talking about gas?https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/natural_gas_prices/

And then everyone compares countries depending on what idea they want to push through. They usually try to compare the Russian Federation's standard of living with that of the EU. Gas prices there are 3-10 times higher and petrol 2-3 times higher. And note how few countries have gas for households compared to the number of countries for petrol.

But those who want to can of course compare with Venezuela, gulf countries, Africa.

Take Cambodia, where I lived for a long time. It says $0.69 for gasoline, they sell mostly low grade oily gasoline for scooters. Only rich people have cars, and they mostly park them in garages. There is no public transport as a class. Taxis start at $10 for a few kilometres, scooters from $5. Gas cylinders banned in houses (standard, I don't know in litres, about 1m high) - $40 or 60, I don't remember exactly. Cylinders 0.5L, allowed at home (enough for a couple of meals) cost $3-4, refill $0.75.

A special item is the US. Almost the whole country is soaked in oil there.

By the way, in my town, the average price for the most popular brand is $0.56 at this point, though we've been tracking prices not in dollars for a while now. Currencies fluctuate, but ruble prices are almost nonexistent.

By the way, should the Ukrainians gloat, your petrol is much more expensive, and is becoming more expensive gradually. In our country, at least symbolically, but now it is getting cheaper (I do not know how it is in Moscow and St. Petersburg).
Natural gas prices around the world, September 2019 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
Natural gas prices around the world, September 2019 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com
  • www.globalpetrolprices.com
Natural gas prices, September 2019: The chart shows the price of natural gas around the world. Use the drop menu to switch between household and business consumer prices. Various countries report these prices in kWh, Gigajoules or cubic meters and, for consistency, we report all prices in kWh. The world average price is 0.06 U.S. Dollar per kWh...

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Were we talking about gas?https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/natural_gas_prices/

And then everyone compares countries depending on what idea they want to push through. Usually one tries to compare the Russian Federation with the EU in terms of living standards. Gas prices there are 3-10 times higher and petrol 2-3 times higher.

But those who want to can of course compare it with Venezuela, the Gulf countries, and Africa.

Take Cambodia where I lived for a long time. It says $0.69 for gasoline, but they sell mostly low-grade oily gasoline for scooters there. Only rich people have cars, and they mostly park them in garages. There is no public transport as a class. Taxis start at $10 for a few kilometres, scooters from $5. Gas cylinders banned in houses (standard, I don't know in litres, about 1m high) - $40 or 60, I don't remember exactly. Cylinders 0.5L, allowed at home (enough for a couple of meals) cost $3-4, refill $0.75.

A special item is the US. Almost the whole country is soaked in oil there.

By the way, in my town, the average price for the most popular brand is $0.56 at this point, though we've been tracking prices not in dollars for a while now. Currencies are bouncing but ruble prices are almost nonexistent.

1. "Gas (and gasoline) costs" (C)

2. petrol prices do not depend on income level and standard of living.

3. the statistics are for April 6, 20, not when you lived there

Дмитрий:

1."costs gas (and gasoline)" (C)

2. petrol prices do not depend on income and standard of living.

3. the statistics are as of 6 April 20, not when you lived there

2. the point is not clear.

3. I lived from 12 to 14. I still have many connections, friends there. Yes and my son lived there for 10 years, only now he's back, a former defaulter. As far as I know, prices are rising faster there than in Russia.