Looking for patterns - page 217

@Maxim Kuznetsov, you claim that fractals are not redrawn, yet you say that "this is a feature of MT implementation. A trick"............

Sorry, what do you mean by that?

Сергей Таболин:

@Maxim Kuznetsov, you claim that fractals are not redrawn, yet you say that "this is a feature of MT implementation. A trick"............

Sorry, what do you mean by that?

Fractals in MT implementation start to be "drawn" 1 bar earlier than they are defined. That is, the last bar is not yet closed, but at #2 a tick is drawn (and erased). This is advertising bullshit

Get your popcorn ready, let's hear what the author has to say.)

Maxim Kuznetsov:
Fractals in MT realization start to "draw" 1 bar earlier than they are defined. That is, the last bar is not closed yet, but at #2 a tick is drawn (and deleted). This is advertising bullshit

A fractal is a combination of already formed candles, and they are not known to redraw.

Anything not yet formed is NOT a fractal.

I'll go get some more popcorn.)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

A fractal is a combination of already formed candles, and they are not known to redraw.

Anything not yet formed is NOT a fractal.

That's right, it's a zigzag that redraws, while a fractal uses the high-lowopenclose of already formed ones, it has the first bar in the calculation, not zero).

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

That's right, it's a zigzag redrawing, while a fractal uses the hylowopenclosis already formed, it has the first bar in the calculation, not zero).

We're not even talking about calculations here, we're talking about what the word 'Fractal' means. Every object has a name, and until we see the whole object, we can't know whether it's a screw or a nail, they have a similar beginning. The same goes for "fractal": until a candle is closed, it cannot be a fractal in principle.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

It's not even about calculations, it's about what the word 'fractal' means. Every object has a name, and until we see the whole object, we can't know whether it's a screw or a nail, because they have similar beginnings. The same is true for a "fractal": until the candle is closed, it cannot be a fractal in principle.

Let me remind you that we are discussing a modified fractal where the right wing is 1 bar (the indicator minimum lag), and the left wing is arbitrary, set so as to catch the weekly trends in this case. Since the chart is hourly and the trading week is 120 hours, the minimum left wing here is 119 bars.

And you want to tell me that with a new extreme maximum/minimum in the period of 119 bars the fractal is not revised?

VVT:

Let me remind you that we are discussing a modified fractal where the right wing is 1 bar (minimal lag of the indicator), the left wing is arbitrary, set so as to catch the weekly trends in this case. Since the chart is hourly and the trading week is 120 hours, the minimum left wing here is 119 bars.

So you want to tell me that with a new extreme maximum/minimum of 119 bars a fractal will not change?

So it's not a fractal, it's a modified zigzag. If in the period of 120 bars there is a new reverse extremum, fix it, if it is ascending/lowering we continue with tracking the reversal point. Throw it in the tester there visually.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

So it's not a fractal, but a modified zigzag. The logic there is if there is a new reverse extremum in the period of 120 bars, we fix it, if it is a rise/decrease level, we continue to trace the pivot point. Find it in the tester, it will show clearly.

There is also doncian on 120 and some other things.
The author believes that the term "fractal" is more appropriate. Suppose so.