Looking for patterns - page 216

Алексей Тарабанов:

Let me give it a try, especially since it's already time to talk about signals.

The 1-2-3 pattern is a simple and very effective reversal signal. In an uptrend point 1 is the upper point, after it begins a consolidation with the lower boundary at 2. Then a pull-up to the point 3 between the points 1 and 2, and - the moment of truth: if the price went up and broke the level of point 1, the pattern "skipped", as Gerasimm said in "Catching the reversal or correction" - read it in the archive, it will be interesting. If the price went down and broke the level of point 2, the signal for reversal took place. Whether the reversal took place or the correction took place is a question of who will win: the reversal signal or the trend's desire to continue.

Again we see the manifestation of the main law, in my opinion, the law of unity and struggle of opposites. The movement along the trend leads to signals for its reversal, which, in the end, reverses it, giving rise to a new trend. One entity, destroying the other, generates its opposite, which will later generate the opposite of the first entity (an upward reversal signal).

Here is the current chart:

I do everything on fractals, but not classical ones, but on "curves" with the right wing being 1 bar (minimum indicator lag) and the left wing being arbitrary, set so as to catch weekly trends in this case. Since the chart is hourly and there are 120 hours in a trading week, the minimum left wing is 119 bars here. The big red fractal symbols (right side of the chart) are exactly those fractals, let us call them reversals.

And here's a look at what happens if we set the minimum size of the left wing reversal fractal to 239 (2 weeks down, one week up, which is correct):

We observe the first reversal fractal (point 1 of the 1-2-3 pattern) on the weekly trend, the other signals are gone, thanks to the filter, 239 instead of 119. We'll talk more about filtering.

The little green fractal icons on the right side of the first figure are points 2 of patterns 1-2-3. The lower boundary of the consolidation. The point 3 is defined at the moment when the price breaks through the consolidation zone; it plays a small role - to help taking profit on correction; it is not necessary on reversal.

That will be all for now; I may come back.

Fractals have one peculiarity - overdrawing. It's the same as the zig-zag.

But I am right about one thing for sure:
Making money and analyzing charts are two different things. Although one cannot do without the other.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
Fractals have one peculiarity - overcorrection. The same as the zig-zag.

But you're right about one thing:
Making money and analysing charts are two different things. Although one is not without the other.
I would say incompatible 😂

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
The fractals have one peculiarity - re-crawling. The same as a zig-zag.

Making money and analysing charts are two different things. Although one cannot do without the other.

The strategy is very clear: If a fractal appears -> enter, if a fractal appears - we lose, and so on, until the deposit is reduced to nothing.)

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
A fractal has one feature - re-crossing. The same as a zigzag.

Making money and analysing charts are two different things. Although one is not without the other.

A fractal cannot redraw, that's why it is a fractal

Vitaly Muzichenko:

A fractal cannot redraw, that's why it is a fractal.

Not on history, on the last closed bar yes

VVT:

Not on the history, on the last closed bar yes

is a feature of the MT implementation. Bait

Maxim Kuznetsov:

is a feature of the MT implementation. Bait and switch

Now the author of the strategy will prove the opposite

No one is stopping you from writing your own indicator that doesn't redraw!

That's one!

And two, that is, if you're not interested in anyone's arguments, then NO ONE is stopping you from simply leaving the thread and "not being clever!"....

Сергей Таболин:

No one is stopping you from writing your own indicator that doesn't redraw!

That's one!

And two, that is, if you're not interested in anyone's arguments, then NO ONE is stopping you from simply leaving the thread and "not being clever!"....

We're not being clever, we don't need to be -> 1

We are looking for a pattern -> 2

VVT:

Now the author of the strategy will prove the opposite

I am not the author of the strategy, and am just reading with interest

But, FRACTALS ARE NOT REDRAWING

I'm a programmer, they don't redraw... I have redrawn a lot of them with different shoulders and conditions