The market and the problems of choosing advisers - page 6

Aleksander Gladkov:

Apparently the buyers do not see the advantage in publishing a real EA signal.

It's a shame, and it's not clear who to contact to make it happen.

I, as a potential buyer, see the advantages of publishing the signal. And I think many do. So it is not obvious :)

Nikolai Konstantinov:

You can sell anything. You can sell anything. The question is whether they will buy it or not. And that's entirely up to the buyers. It's up to them to decide what they want. Isn't that right?

Did you see how they sold gramophone pipes to the Chukchi in the film The Warden of Chukotka?

Aleksander Gladkov:
Did you see how they sold gramophone pipes to the Chukchi people in the film The Warden of Chukotka?
Tell me, do you write letters to the administration to the author or to avito that someone is selling a car for money and doesn't prove that it hasn't been in an accident. It's up to the buyer. Everyone will figure out for himself what he needs and what he doesn't. You have figured it out, why do you think others can't?

Aleksander Gladkov:

Apparently, buyers do not see the benefits of publishing a real EA signal.

Why do you view your wish(or problem) only from the buyer's side? - Have you bought a lot of EAs, signals?

Aleksander Gladkov:

It's a pity, besides it's not clear who to approach in order to implement it.

I don't think anyone, it's a costly event, not only do you want to shift the responsibility on the organizers of your wish, but there are no messages with specific suggestions on how to implement it

regarding the realisation of honest EA monitoring, in short, I see only the following scheme:

1. installation of EA on VPS

2. EA is installed by a trusted employee

3. The seller can only turn off the EA and has no other way to influence the EA, all the reconfigurations of the EA are again steps 1 and 2.

Now for the cost, do you understand that you will have to pay for the items 1 and 2 from your own pocket? And on terms acceptable to the organisers? - Keep in mind that they will be responsible and technical support, it costs extra $

well, about Step 3 to prevent unfair schemes, you need to apply penalties, alas $ you can always achieve unfavorable conditions for dishonest vendors - I mean, in such a scheme should not involve pp3 charity, and re-pay items 1 and 2, that is, want to reconfigure EA - pay for a new VPS and employee work - talk about automatic installation EA should not go to improve both the reliability and confidence in the check and such a service

bottom line - how much $ are you willing to invest in such a service? .... and how much extra sales would you get?

Aleksey Mavrin:

There you go. The solution to all trading robberies in the Market is simple - MT4 has to be updated to show equity lines in the tester correctly (at least by days).

In this case, the tester will not be so obtuse. A potential buyer will wonder why the green line is not as nice as the blue one :))

That's the question why it's not done, about the conflict of interest I think all clear.

The best idea you can see in this thread. It is high time to oblige the tester to draw the equity line in the charts as well.

Igor Makanu:

Why do you view your wish (or problem) only from the buyer's side? - Have you bought a lot of EAs, signals?

I think to no one, this is a costly event, not only do you want to put the responsibility on the organizers of your wish, but there is not a single message with specific proposals on how to implement it

In terms of EA monitoring, in short, the only scheme I see is the following:

1. installation of EA on VPS

2. EA is installed by a trusted employee

3. The seller can only turn off the EA and has no other way to influence the EA, all the reconfigurations of the EA are again steps 1 and 2.

Now for the cost, do you understand that you will have to pay for the items 1 and 2 from your own pocket? And on terms acceptable to the organisers? - Keep in mind that they will be responsible and technical support, it costs extra $

well, about Step 3 to prevent unfair schemes, you need to apply penalties, alas $ you can always achieve unfavorable conditions for dishonest vendors - I mean, in such a scheme should not involve pp3 charity, and re-pay items 1 and 2, that is, want to reconfigure EA - pay for a new VPS and employee work - talk about automatic installation of EA should not go to improve both the reliability and confidence in the check and such a service

bottom line - how much $ are you willing to invest in such a service? .... and how much extra sales will you get?

Thanks for the detailed comment.

Indeed, I haven't bought any EA exactly because I don't trust testing on past data as a criterion of an EA's success in the future.

There are already many examples when an EA that many people praise and seem to buy leads to considerable losses and negative recommendations after a while.

I pay attention to the signals obtained on real accounts where we can understand in a first approximation the algorithm of the EA.

From your explanations I understood my idealism and that the situation on the Market will not change.

Thank you again.

Aleksander Gladkov:

From your explanations I understood my idealism and that the situation on the Market will not change.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

The metaquotes are actively reading their forum, and I suspect that some of the executives are "picking up" reasonable wishes and trying to implement it later.... but alas, the process is very slow ))))

mason_one:

Best idea seen in this thread. It is high time to oblige the tester to draw an equity line in its charts as well.

It is a good idea to validate the estimate for the beginning of the next release. I sincerely wish that someone would wise up to fix it in MQ, MT4 is in wide use and its EAs are sold on every corner (literally) and to every granny for the last money (that's very sad and offensive for the motherland) and sincerely hope that it was not done on purpose ...

And most importantly

Aleksander Gladkov:

Really, I have not bought any EA for the reason that I do not trust testing on past data as a criterion for the successful operation of the EA in the future.

(This is especially important in the case of the project where the traders were asked to compare thereal data with the real ones on the EA's monitoring) The aim of this article is to show that the traders wanted to buy an Expert Advisor in the real time mode, but they are not willing to buy it because they do not want to. This is what should be promoted - raising the level of education and skills of potential buyers. Then there will be fewer "one-time" purchases and more satisfied buyers who will want to buy something else for their portfolios.

Aleksey Mavrin:

So it is better for buyers to learn at least an elementary analysis of how EAs work using the tester. This is something worth promoting - raising the level of education and skills of potential buyers. Then there will be fewer "one-time" purchases, and more satisfied buyers who will want to buy something in their portfolios.

This is most likely a question of terminology, under the EA buyers mean a fully finished product - install and forget, while in 90% of cases under the guise of EA they sell automated trading strategies that require customization, and the problem is, as always, in the manuals, the author of such an ATMS rarely can create a detailed manual himself, the maximum support in chats or posting periodic settings for buyers - but these sellers are very few!

Igor Makanu:

This is most likely a question of terminology , under EA buyers mean a fully finished product - install and forget, although in 90% of cases under the guise of EA they sell automated trading strategies that require customization, and the problem, as always, is in the manuals, the author of such an ATMS can rarely create a detailed manual himself, maximum support in chats or posting periodic settings for buyers - but these sellers are very few!

I agree, that's how human psychology works. Then maybe we should introduce a disclaimer like what brokers are obliged to give about risks. Like "ANY advisor is a tool and its result depends on the setting and conditions of use"

or something like that. Although all customers are not children, but again, purely on the psychology of many this may deter them from making silly purchases.

Many of the owls there are presented as "turnkey" as self-adapting and adaptive, although this is by definition not possible over a long period.