What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 20

Wow!

The developers should paint method calls of classes pink, like those of standard functions. That's what we need! Then the OOP and MT5 will actively go to the masses.

Oh, my goodness! So, the standard OrderSernd() function has no problems and nobody cares what is inside it, while the line with a point Trade.Buy(...) is a big problem. What is the problem? The dot or the fact that the colour is not rosy?

What will happen if developers open the code of the OrderSend() function, just hypothetically, suddenly OrderSend() function disappeared from the language and it is now in the library? Some people will get brain twisted, because it won't be pink?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Wow!

The developers should paint method calls of classes pink, like those of standard functions. That's what we need! Then the OOP and MT5 will actively go to the masses.

Oh, my goodness! So, the standard OrderSernd() function has no problems and nobody cares what is inside it, while the line with a point Trade.Buy(...) is a big problem. What is the problem? The dot or the fact that the colour is not rosy?

What will happen if developers open the code of the OrderSend() function, just hypothetically, suddenly OrderSend() function disappeared from the language and it is now in the library? Some people will get brain twisted, because it won't be pink?

Not pink? You're telling a horror story here, Dimitri.)

Alexander Fedosov:
Not the pink one? You're telling a horror story here, Dimitri)

Blue toothpick.

Реter Konow:
The main question in the topic. A clear, logical, thoughtful statement is welcome.

Shut down all the DCs.

Make MT5 full access to the exchange.

Sergey Chalyshev:

Close all the DCs.

The benchmark for the exchange terminal for me has always been TWS (I hope this is not an advertisement), and I personally would like to see MT5 become like him in some way. The colossal manual trading capabilities (TWS), combined with colossal automation capabilities (MT5), is power.

Although, I'm not sure I'm right. I just wanted it before...))

Sergey Chalyshev:

Close all the DCs.

And leverage 1:1000 ))))

Mt5 even has its own, as good as philosophical questions, after the change associated with hedge accounts. Entire articles are published to explain what's what, because the issue is too complex to understand.

Реter Konow:

The benchmark trading terminal for me has always been TWS (I hope this is not an advertisement), and I personally would like to see MT5 become more like it. The colossal manual trading capabilities (TWS), combined with the colossal automation capabilities (MT5), is power.

Although, I'm not sure I'm right. I just wanted it before...))

If this fascination with TWS is not a trick, then you can kill MT4 with your engine, if you try to reproduce in it the interface TWS for MT4, and if you also manage to make it mandatory, then the mass flight of users from such a plague to MT5 will be guaranteed at all:)

jdjahfkahjf:
Pepsi, that's just the drink you order when they don't have Coca-Cola.

I always thought the opposite. I even had a cafe for a few years. Pepsi was always ordered more, 3 to 1 somewhere.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Remove the standard library from the documentation, terminal and official examples. At least trade classes and direct trade environment classes.

What we have in fact. Professionals in any business, in any profession, including programming, are not more than 5-10%. In fact there is a great mass of those who are not professional programmers, but they have started to write advisors, indicators for MT4 using examples for themselves and even for Freelancers.

Judging by the messages on the forum, many people take Kim's code as an example. How was Kim's code submitted? His complete code was submitted. That is, you could look through the specification and examine its internals. How are the examples given nowadays? In the "here is a method" style and only its specification is given.

It's clear that this approach doesn't give you an opportunity to feel the code. But a non-programmer "who has mastered the language himself/herself" cannot go further without understanding the essence. So they use MT4 because they do not understand MT5. And the lion's share of the reasons of misunderstanding is the immeasurable and useless pushing of the standard library.

I wish they would make standard functions as standard in MT4 instead of SB, which is attached to the side of the language as if on the ropes.