What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 2

Реter Konow:
The main issue in the topic. A clear, logical, thoughtful statement is welcome.

Raise prices for MT4 licence sales so that the total cost of a licence is 30% more expensive than MT5.

No MT4, no problem.

For "now" nothing will convince the MT4 sitters to switch to MT5, people don't really realise all the benefits, and some are so "hammered" they don't even want to know about it.

I used to say that MT4 is enough for me and it has everything, but when I compared it with MT5 it turned out that MT4 contains what I didn't need and the only thing I need is MT5.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Raise prices for MT4 licence sales so that the total cost of a licence is 30% more expensive than MT5.

No MT4, no problem.

For "now" nothing will convince the MT4 sitters to switch to MT5, people don't really realise all the benefits, and some are so "hammered" they don't even want to know about it.

I used to say that MT4 was enough for me and it has everything, but when I compared it with MT5 it turned out that MT4 had exactly what I did not need and the only thing I needed was MT5.

1. Increase the price of MT4 licenses.

2. Try to make MT4 users aware of all the advantages of MT5 (using your example)?

Maybe do a discount on products in the Market and on orders in Freelance for MT5 users? And on signals too.

Реter Konow:

1. Increase the price of MT4 licences.

2. Try to communicate to MT4 users all the benefits of MT5 (using your example)?

Renat communicated this back in 2015, as soon as they introduced loki to the platform! The result is evident, topics are still being raised about how awesome MT4 is

Until drastic decisions are made by MK - as long as the transition moves at the speed of a tortoise.

The main drawbacks are three.

1. The software is hard on laptops, but to be fair, third-party foreign terminals just load the laptop up tight.

2. The most widespread programming language in the CIS countries, C #, Java (I myself write in the latter). What programmers are faced with in your macros, its syntax and documentation is simply repulsion and a complete unwillingness to learn anything. Either introduce a number of other scripting languages or make it as close to Jave as possible.

3. Add a normal history player (with overnight spreads, gaps) where people could test their strategies in manual mode (open/close orders, market orders).

By and large, I would increase the staff of programmers and bring all modules of the program to mind, because there is more than one problem here.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Renat was making this point back in 2015, as soon as they introduced loci to the platform! The result is evident, there are still themes being raised about how awesome MT4 is

Unless radical solutions are taken by MK - as long as the transition moves at the speed of a tortoise.

Radical solutions to displace MT4. dangerous....

AlikMsk:

The main drawbacks are three.

1. The software is hard on laptops, but to be fair, third-party foreign terminals simply load the laptop hard.

2. The most widespread programming language in the CIS countries, C #, Java (I myself write in the latter). What the programmer are faced with in your macros, in its syntax, documentation, causes a rejection and a complete unwillingness to learn anything. Either introduce a number of other scripting languages or make it as close to Jave as possible.

3. Add a normal history player (with overnight spreads, gaps) where people could test their strategies in manual mode (open/close orders, market orders).

Generally speaking, I would increase the number of programmers and improve all the modules of the program, because there is more than one problem.

1. make it easier to run the terminal on laptops.

2. Introduce some scripting languages.

3. Add the possibility of manual testing of strategies.

I see.

Реter Konow:

Simplify language to the level of mql4?

language is 99% the same

platforms are different

.... i don't want to point the finger, but some experts of MT5 are writing code in MT4 style, constantly changing the direction of time series indexing, hooking libraries from@fxsaber to write code like for MT4, using hedge accounts.... and still smartly write that MT4 totally sucks.... "What follows is an untranslatable play on words using local idiomatic expressions" (C)

Реter Konow:

Radical solutions to displace MT4. Dangerous....

It's completely safe, everyone who is involved in coding will not find anything better and will switch to MT5, and those who trade with their hands without any extra attachments will not notice the difference.

Реter Konow:

1. Increase the price of MT4 licences.

2. Try to bring to MT4 users all the advantages of MT5 (using your example)?

I see the main advantage of MT5 for raw users in its flexibility to manage stop loss, take profit levels for people who got used to not opening trades without stops, typing these levels in with their hands in the input fields is unrealistic torture and probably the main irritant in a mobile app