What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 38

Artyom Trishkin:

People asked for empowerment. They have been given them. If you want to write in mql5 as in mql4, use the trading classes of the standard library

is there a DayOfWeek function?

Artyom Trishkin:

People asked for more features. They were given them. If you want to write in mql5 as in mql4 - use the trade classes of the standard library - even easier than in 4, and you personally have to write less code than in 4. You've been given at least two options here - write simply as in f4 (with most of the checks done for you by SB), or write at a lower level with full access to all the structures. But if you're just too lazy to study or read (tutorials abound, they're all within mouse click reach), but not too lazy to outline constantly, then that just describes you, not MT5

Let the extended functions not just consist of adding two extra lines that do not have any functional load, I gave you the example of the date, don't make me write these two extra lines, behind the scenes they can get the data from the structure, the library or the hell out of it, and leave me one line, one function...

You know the saying "brevity is the sister of talent" ...
You may have heard the expression "beautiful code", it's when something is done briefly but very concisely ...

multiplicator:

Is there a DayOfWeek feature?

Ah, yes. Since there's no DayOfWeek function, that's it. Of course. It's the absence of this particular feature that prevents you personally from making money.

You don't need it. You've been given the opportunity to get all the information on the date you want. All at once.

Your position is clear too. Not interested, sorry.

Реter Konow:

Do you always have a hard time understanding sarcasm?)

Ah, I'm sorry, I thought it was just rudeness. Well, there it is, sarcasm. Good to know.

xxz:

I gave you the example of the date, don't make me write those two extra lines, behind the scenes they can get the data from the structure, the library or the hell out of it, and leave me one line, one function...

maybe mql5 was released incomplete, incomplete?

Artyom Trishkin:

Take the everyday life of two freelancers with their personal selection of clients.

• One of them ploughes in for 10 dollars at the limit of their abilities earning 100 dollars a week, with its countless contingent constantly poking him every phrase, they say, I pay - I demand and bring the brain
  • The second one works quietly for a week and earns $200 per order, while his one client a week respects himself and respects the one who is doing him the service and work together on the client's project.

Business depends directly on its own positioning, not on pleasing everyone and everything.

My opinion is this.

With this selection of customers, the latter always have a choice of performers, so their contingent is not diminished, and weak performers have a chance to make money, because professionals charge more. Leave one performer with an inflated price and arrogance and most of the customers will scatter.

The situation with platform and language is the same. One platform and language is friendly and familiar, the other is "gnarly" and makes you go back to the friendly platform.

So you yourself are pushing people away from MT5 and MQL5 by being too demanding (like a freelancer who charges too much pushes poor people to look for other performers). But in this case, you can't hope for a universal transition.

Artyom Trishkin:

People have asked for extensions. They have been given them. If you want to write in mql5 as in mql4 - use the trade classes of the standard library - it's even easier than in 4, and you personally have less code to write than in 4. You've been given at least two possibilities here - to write just like in 4 (with most checks done for you by SB), or to write at a lower level with full access to all structures. But if you're just too lazy to study or read (tutorials abound, they're all within mouse click reach), but not too lazy to outline constantly, then that just describes you, not MT5

The compiler should beat a ruler in the hands of a less experienced programmer, but always leave him or her a chance. MQL4 does this, but MQL5 does not. People are trying to declare a data type in a loop and are wondering why they can't fill an array with values.

Artyom Trishkin:

Well, I mean, as sketches, it's here and now, but as proofs, it's later.

The position is clear and uninteresting, sorry.

Why not?

You won't be satisfied with the exemplars posted now... No...

and the open source code may not be available for 24 hours...

Artyom Trishkin:

Ah, yes. Since there's no DayOfWeek function, that's it. Of course. It's the absence of this particular feature that prevents you personally from making money.

You don't need it. You've been given the opportunity to get all the information on the date you want. All at once.

Your position is also understandable. Not interested, sorry.

I'll ask again why you need everything else, if you assign a value from the structure in a specific line in a specific place!
but the trouble is, until you assign or compare it, it's dead weight...

Реter Konow:

With this selection of customers, the latter always have a choice of performers, so their contingent is not reduced, and the weak performers have a chance to make money, because professionals charge more. Leave one performer with an inflated price and arrogance and most of the customers will scatter.

The situation with platform and language is the same. One platform and language is friendly and familiar, the other is "gnarly" and makes you go back to the friendly platform.

So you yourself are pushing people away from MT5 and MQL5 by being too demanding (like a freelancer who charges too much pushes poor people to look for other performers). But in this case, you can't hope for an eventual universal transition.

I can say with certainty that if you remove 4 and leave only 5, MT's users will diminish significantly. Whoever is running the business is well aware of this.

Take advantage of the moment, whichever you like.