What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 47

Алексей Тарабанов:

Why?

You've also shown interest, you can check it out, the evidence of the post above...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

What should I do to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions)

xxz, 2019.02.11 11:18

Here's the proof as promised....

some explanations: in fours Expert properties-optimization tab-maximum drawdown-70%...

in five leave only one agent...

timeframe - 1m, at opening prices...

optimization period at your discretion, EURJPY currency pair...

hope to share results and impressions)

how many times slower is a 5 than a 4)

xxz:

Here is, as promised, the evidence...

some explanations: in four Expert properties - tab Optimisation - Maximum drawdown - 70%...

in five we leave only one agent...

timeframe - 1m, at opening prices...

optimization period at your discretion, EURJPY currency pair...

hope to share results and impressions)

How many times slower the five than the four)

What was needed to prove... The fact that 5 is even slower to start than 4, what can be said about some optimization and testing... If the problem starts with the very start of the terminal on your computer, the optimization is a long and impassable forest... Of course, I won't run both terminals with a stopwatch and share my measurements here... But I can tell confidently by eye, that MT4 runs faster on my computer, than MT5 (probably, why I don't use the latter, and others like me)... Really, why make your life harder? :)

It's interesting that many people don't understand the merits of MT5.

Just the fact (not even considering OOP ), when MT5 has a Netting account type, the ability to test on real ticks and also in clowd, that much is enough to make the switch to MT5.

And every time I am reminded of this joke:

A man is playing chess with a donkey. Another man comes up to him and with undisguised surprise on his face asks:
- Hey, can your donkey play chess?
- Well, yes... he can!
- Is he good at it?
- It's not good... I'm winning 3-2!

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

It's interesting that many people don't understand the merits of MT5.

Just the fact (not even considering OOP ), when MT5 has a Netting account type, the ability to test on real ticks as well as in clowd, then so much is enough to make the switch to MT5.

The merits of MT5 are plenty, and if you read the posts carefully, you'll see that no one is denying the merits. We are convinced that the major part of MT5 is not about buying it, we cannot afford to ignore its advantages.

The DEFICITIONS are stubbornly denied and requests to remove them are ignored. People are told that it is not the platform that has the deficiencies, it is the PEOPLE themselves. They say they don't understand the platform and the language, they don't know how to work with it, they don't know OOP, they don't like to work... AND OTHER.

By the way, there's another thing that blows your mind - the indexing of the indicator buffers. If a colour buffer, it has one or more buffers for data and another for colour. This then results in double indexing - the same buffer has one index in some cases and another in other cases. Individually it's not a problem, but together... And considering how much "love" most people have for writing indicators, even for MT4, it turns out that writing indicators for MT5 is an impassable task for them.

Why not use some kind of dummy plug to get the indexing aligned?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

By the way, there's another thing that blows your mind - the indexing of the indicator buffers. If a colour buffer, it has one or more buffers for data and another for colour. This then results in double indexing - the same buffer has one index in some cases and another in other cases. Individually it's not a problem, but together... And considering how much "love" most people have for writing indicators, even for MT4, it turns out that writing indicators for MT5 is an impassable task for them.

Why not use some dummy plug to make the indexing even?

I have never met such an indexation that would not change the way I have specified it in the code. If I want to get an index like in timeseries, then for all buffers I will prescribe the needed index to OnInit(). There is a colour buffer - I prescribe to all its buffers (both calculation and colour) required index for me. And it does not become double, but exactly what I've set - each buffer has the same index. Or I do not understand this "nuance"? In what cases does the indexing become double?

xxz:

Here is, as promised, the evidence...

EURJPY currency pair...

What isthe currency of the deposit?

Artyom Trishkin:

I've never seen indexing itself become different from what I want it to be in the code. If I need indexing as in timeseries, for all buffers I write the required indexing in OnInit(). There is a colour buffer - I prescribe to all its buffers (both calculation and colour) required index for me. And it does not become double, but exactly what I've set - each buffer has the same index. Or I do not understand this "nuance"? In what cases does the indexing become double?

So there's a wonderful discovery ahead.

Slava:

What is thecurrency of the deposit?

the currency of the accounts themselves is ruble, both, but the test is conducted on 10,000 USD leverage 1:500...

Artyom Trishkin:

I've never seen indexing itself become different from what I've set it to in the code. If I need indexing as in timeseries, then for all buffers I prescribe in OnInit() required indexing. There is a colour buffer - I prescribe to all its buffers (both calculation and colour) required index for me. And it does not become double, but exactly what I've set - each buffer has the same index. Or I did not understand this "nuance"? In what cases does the indexing become double?

There is a nuance, which is written in documentation about it - before (i.e. BEFORE) accessing arrays, always check/set direction of indexing, i.e. not in OnInit, but directly in OnTick/OnCalculate for making sure

because somewhere in the wilds of libraries and functions they may be changed.