What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 19

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

I used to write like that too, but Barabashka kept suggesting the standard library to everyone, and I've only been using them for over a year now.

Tell me who your guru is -- and I'll tell you who you are.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

I used to write like that too, but Barabashka kept suggesting the standard library to everyone, so I've only been using them for over a year now.

Very short and simple, just like the MFC of VS.

Do you use those too?

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Get the property value "SYMBOL_SPREAD"                           |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int CSymbolInfo::Spread(void) const
  {
   return((int)SymbolInfoInteger(m_name,SYMBOL_SPREAD));
  }

Alexey Viktorov:

Do you use those too?

A perfect example. It's an example of how to make the simple fundamentally difficult to understand.

This is an example of how to make simple things fundamentally difficult to understand.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Tell me who your guru is -- and I'll tell you who you are.

I don't know a guru-muru.

all you have to do is write two lines and a position is already open with a 0.01 lot.

CTrade  trade;
trade.Sell( 0.01, _Symbol, SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_BID));

Alexey Viktorov:

Do you use those too?

Why would you write it that way? Declare a class object and get whatever you want.

Knowing all the words of the explanatory dictionary by heart doesn't mean you can write a good poem.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

There is no such comprehension effect when presented in the style of a class method reference.

with all due respect, couldn't get past it, I don't agree

as far as I understand why Metacognos went this way - it's the easiest solution for people familiar with programming, the principle is the same as that of the above mentioned MFC and VS

When programming on Windows, you use ready-made solutions from Microsoft (classes and libraries) ? - If you don't want you may describe every window handle and window button from scratch... -

as in VS, as in MT - as always, there is all the information in the help, you can use the proposed solutions (class library) from the developer, if you want, write from scratch

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Why write it that way. Declare a class object and you get whatever you want.

That's what I'm asking, why declare a class object if it's easier to write

SymbolInfoInteger(_Symbol, SYMBOL_SPREAD);

Why didn't you use a class in this example?

Forum on Trading, Automated Trading Systems & Strategy Testing

What do I need to do to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions)

Petros Shatakhtsyan, 2019.02.06 14:34

Guru-muru I don't know.

it is enough to write only 2 lines and a position is already open with 0.01 lot.

CTrade  trade;
trade.Sell( 0.01, _Symbol, SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_BID));

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Why write it that way. Declare a class object and get whatever you want.

Knowing all the words of the explanatory dictionary by heart does not mean that you can write a good poem.

Quite often this leads to spurious crap which is not used in the program. That's why I prefer SymbolInfoXXX too.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Firstly, I don't use them. Secondly, I've always been against them. Why is that? Explained in the post above.

Oh, well, the logic is clear: you don't use them, so they must be removed for all. I don't care about compatibility of already written codes, I don't care that CodeBase has examples that pull the standard library. And you don't give a fuck about anyone else. Well, since you haven't been able to understand this OOP for so many years, go ahead and piss all over it and cut it out of the terminal. Are your ears burning to propose such nonsense?

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Ah, well, the logic is clear: you don't use it, so it should be removed for everyone. You don't care about compatibility of already written codes, you don't care that CodeBase has examples that pull the standard library. And you don't give a fuck about anyone else. Well, since you haven't been able to understand this OOP for so many years, go ahead and kick it out of the terminal. Aren't your ears burning to propose such nonsense?

Firstly, you are a fool (stupid person) because you insulted your opponent.

Secondly, you are shallow because instead of a constructive response and/or dialogue -- you got personal.