Creating a trading robot - page 16

Georgiy Merts:

Then 1 SL in a row doesn't come out.

It has long been known, and my League confirms it - on a trend TP/SL Ratio should be greater than zero. The classic trend is considered 3 (although, my experience puts it usually at 1.5-2). At 30% trend guessing. You understand yourself, with such a low number of guesses there is no way to get few stops in a row.

For a flat on the contrary, less than zero. Classical flat - 1/3 (in my experience 0.6-0.2). When guessing 80% of the flat. And here - you can easily have long periods without stops, and only 1 stop in a row. However, this stop will be very large. And if the system fails, the drawdown will be very noticeable.

So we need a reversal system. In the Weekend Night thread, for example, Vladimir did something similar to my idea. There were few errors in a row there, as I recall

Vladimir Baskakov:
So we need a reversal system. In the Weekend Night branch, for example, Vladimir did something similar on my idea. There were a few errors in a row there, as far as I remember

Not putting away TP and SL for a SAR system does not mean there is no drawdown. And protective stops still have to be placed, and they turn out to be quite large.

I'll post the TC League in Shared Projects - everyone will be able to see how different systems work on different pairs.

Georgiy Merts:

Not putting away TP and SL for a SAR system does not mean there is no drawdown. And protective stops still have to be placed, and they are quite large.

I will put the TC League in Shared Projects - everyone will be able to see how different systems work on different pairs.

And what did I say about avoiding stops?

Vladimir Baskakov:
What did I say about giving up stops?

Well, I thought you said it was a "flip" system. That is, instead of TP or SL, we have flips. And they are not fixed. On some symbols - it works quite well. In theory, neither TA or SL is intended for such systems.

Georgiy Merts:

Well, I thought you said it was a "coup" system. That is, instead of TP or SL, we have flips. And it's not fixed. On some symbols - it works quite well. In theory - on such systems, neither TA nor SL is intended.

Not a reversal, but a reversal, i.e. looking for the end of the trend. OK, you can forget everything. I put in two ideas, make a note there

Vladimir Baskakov:
Not a reversal system, but a reversal system, i.e. looking for the end of a trend. OK, you can talk all you want. I contributed two ideas, make a note there.

I don't get it. What is the difference? Fixed TP-SL is when we know in advance how much we will take. SAR system is a system where we do not know how much we will take, but wait for the signal to close the current position and open the opposite one. What do you mean by that?

And about "two ideas" - well, here already had these ideas a boatload and a small cart - who will fill them to the code? And most importantly - will there be any use for these ideas?

Georgiy Merts:

I don't get it. What is the difference? Fixed TP-SL is when we know in advance how much we will take. SAR system is a system where we do not know how much we will take, we wait for the signal to close the current position and open the opposite one. Isn't that what you mean ?

And about "two ideas" - well, these ideas have already been given a wagonload of ideas - who will implement them into code? And most importantly - will these ideas do any good?

The code's in the kodobase. I told you who did it.

By the way, for example, if someone comes up with a way to make a frequent EURUSD grid of 1500-1700 pips with an increasing lot, it is killable only by "black swans".
A large deposit used almost to the full and a small profit, but an elementary algorithm - "get away from the average by 500-700 points, set the grid".

Georgiy Merts:

I don't get it. What is the difference? Fixed TP-SL is when we know in advance how much we will take. SAR system is a system where we do not know how much we will take, but wait for the signal to close the current position and open the opposite one. What do you mean by that?

And about "two ideas introduced" - well, here already had these ideas in a wagon and a small cart - who will implement them into the code? And most importantly - will these ideas work?

I think there will be a profit.

The very discussion of the future creation is a warming up of the topic. I think we will soon have a coordinator, and things will get interesting.

Without a coordinator, it's going to be a mess.

The discussion should be open, no matter how much some people want it to be. Otherwise there's no point in having a conversation.

Everyone has experience, someone may share what he can spare. They should keep important secrets to themselves)).

It's important to consider negative experiences, no one is spared))))

It is desirable to make a good plan of action. Divide it into sections and move through the discussion. Then translate it into code.

Do not be timid. "The brave conquer the seas"(c).

Georgiy Merts:

I don't get it. What is the difference? Fixed TP-SL is when we know in advance how much we will take. SAR system is a system where we do not know how much we will take, we wait for the signal to close the current position and open the opposite one. Isn't that what you mean ?

And about "two ideas" - well, these ideas have already been given a wagonload of ideas - who will implement them into code? And most importantly - will these ideas do any good?

I don't have access to a computer at the moment, try it if you're not too lazy. Can't remember how many bad trades there have been in a row, TF-4H.
https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/24012