will the FOREX live on? - page 11

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I can't write about everything, sorry... I'll get fucking banned)

You seem to want to talk about the possibility of a broker manipulating execution. I'm not a spring chicken either and am well aware of all these things. Someday you will understand the difference between actual practice and the potential possibility. Banks as such (the primary forex market makers), by the way, have far more opportunities of this kind.

Boris Gulikov:
I think that Anton has
Maxim Dmitrievsky:

could you be more specific about a certain Anton?

Don't start that nonsense again, please. It's boring already.

Ilya Malev:

You seem to want to talk about the possibility of a broker manipulating execution. I am not a spring chicken either and am well aware of all these things. Someday you will understand the difference between actual practice and potential possibility. Banks as such (primary forex market makers) have a lot more opportunities of this kind, by the way.

I don't need to ever understand, I repeat, real (objective that is) experience was enough

i don't want to hear any more of this stuff, it's far from reality, on the other side of it )

a potentiality is when the gun is on the wall at the beginning of the film, it always fulfils its function

Ilya Malev:

Just don't start that nonsense again, please. It's boring already.

Who's Anton? I don't know.)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Who's Anton? I don't know.)

It does not matter.

Tell me why you have such a strong aversion to Forex brokers?

Were you dumped at E...e. some time ago?

Or in some other market?

Do you really make money on the exchange?

I've never traded there, but what really scares me is the news about how Facebook's stock fell by 20% in an hour because Zuckenberg got a boil on his back...

Did Apple's stock drop 9% in five minutes...

I'm exaggerating of course. Is it really possible to make money in such chaos?

Or do you just have to pick your tools?

Boris Gulikov:

It doesn't matter.

You better tell me why you have such a strong aversion to forex brokers?

Were you dumped at E...e. some time ago?

Or in some other kitchen?

Do you really make money on the exchange?

I've never traded there, but what really scares me is the news about how Facebook's stock fell by 20% in an hour because Zuckenberg got a boil on his back...

That Apple stock fell 9% in five minutes....

I'm exaggerating of course. Is it really possible to make money in such chaos?

Or do you just have to choose your tools?

At the stock exchange they trade standard fx futures among other things, they do not differ from forex except for clearing and so on, including through everybody's favorite MT5.

The question was about licenses and traders' protection, but this is not the point, because one logically follows from the other.

I have not lost anyone personally, but I have 50+ agencies (brokers?) under my belt... had fun with guys with 20 years of experience and so on

I did not do it alone, there were other people and clients with accounts at different offices, of course I did not open all the accounts myself

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Yes, the exchange trades regular fx futures, including, but not different from forex, except for clearing and so on, through everyone's favourite MT5, among others.

The question was about licenses and traders' protection, but this is not the point, because one logically follows from the other.

I have not lost anyone personally, but 50+ agencies (brokers?) under my belt... I've had fun with guys with 20 years of experience and so on

I trade at trusted brokerages. I trade with reliable broker who has been in the market for 10-20 years. In general, they let you trade. And at night, too.

I have recently needed a centshare to test bots. I opened it via small brokerage company with one server with dollar accounts. So in theory execution should be the same as for dollar accounts. And the quotes.

I may be wrong. Just a guess.

And recently at night the price went down by 400 old points compared to the stock quotes. And compared to the same A...ry.

Positions were opened. Losses. But you have to admit that everything was recovered after a few hours.

But as a matter of fact...

Cents account, nothing. 20 quid. At first I didn't want to bother, then I thought. I don't make the claim, someone else does, someone else does. The bottom line is, the kitchen lady's gonna get someone else's money, just off the bush. And probably a lot of it. Just steal it.

So yes - not all DCs (Forex brokers) are useful.

Boris Gulikov:

I trade in trusted brokerage firms. Which have been on the market for 10-20 years. On the whole, they let you trade. And at night, too.

And recently I needed a centshare to check the bots. I opened it via small brokerage company with one server with dollar accounts. I.e. in theory the execution should be the same as for dollar accounts. And the quotes.

I may be wrong. Just a guess.

And recently at night the price went down by 400 old points compared to the stock quotes. And compared to the same A...ry.

Positions were opened. Losses. But we have to admit that everything was recovered after a few hours.

But as a matter of fact...

Cents account, nothing. 20 quid. At first I didn't want to bother, then I thought. I don't make the claim, someone else does, someone else does. The bottom line is, the kitchen lady's gonna get someone else's money, just off the bush. And probably a lot of it. Just steal it.

So, yes - not all brokerages (forex brokers) are useful.

well, let's say some things can spike or something else, let's say (it's almost unrealistic, but let's say :))) the stock market would start such a stink, because the price is the same for all

but think about their cancellations in the global fx market ... so they go looking for a counterparty at the other end of the militia, and tell him he's got a bad deal, let's get 50 cents back from the deal, and then we'll settle somehow

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

well, let's say some one-off things like splices or something, let's say (it's almost unrealistic, but let's say :)))) it would stink on the stock exchange, as the price is the same for all.

but think about what they would cancel transactions in the global fx market ... that is, they go, look for a counterparty at the other end of the militia, and tell him that it was not good, man, let's get 50 cents from the deal, and then we'll settle somehow

Yeah. That's probably true. But there's only a handful of such dealers nowadays. Not like 10 years ago at least.

There is healthy competition from the English and Australians. That is why such cases are rare.

Boris Gulikov:

Yes. That's probably true. But there are very few DCs like that now. Not like 10 years ago at least.

There is healthy competition from the English, Australians. That is why such cases are isolated.

For instance, they are big and take lower risks for the average loser, but nothing has changed, because otherwise they won't make any money on commissions, triple UST or whatever they're talking about.

They may not be able to make any profit if they don't pay more than 1k!

i found it funny - you trade on profit, they start to send you joyful letters (hi to australians, bank forex, by the way): "oh, you have a good trading system, congratulations".

bang the next day, "A-book" with slippages of a kilometre, we decided to move you to the "real" liquidity.