will the FOREX live on? - page 10

Would a wide spread help anyone in a tester? I always thought it only helped to beat out stops

Boris Gulikov:

Doesn't that happen on the exchange?

It doesn't happen on the stock exchange because you don't go into a rollover there - you just trade from the beginning to the end of the session.

Fast528:
Can a wide spread help someone in the tester? I always thought it only helps to beat out stops

I don't know, but the real spread (which is strictly dependent on the time of day as well) can

Boris Gulikov:

@Maxim Dmitrievsky, I'm serious - what is "in an efficient market any robust TS works on the thin side"?

Do I understand correctly that I mean the overnight flat market?

Which is sort of thin?

Well, so at Forex brokers do not allow to make profit because of high spreads or do not allow to open position because of lack of liquidity? And also spread spikes and non-market quotes in favor of the broker on unexpected news and rumors cannot be ruled out.

Doesn't that happen on the stock exchange?

On the stock exchange it happens on nightmarish illiquidity, the same illiquidity is produced by forex brokerage companies.

Fast528:
Would a wide spread help someone in the tester? I always thought it only helps to use stops.

I'd rather have a wide spread than a narrow one. If you use the fixed daily spread, you will obtain a candy from the shit in the tester.

But it is better to use a variation. That's more likely to be true.

I've been testing overnights in MT4 (on Ducas quotes via Tickstory) for several years with a spread close to what happens at 00:10 and thought this test, which is closer to real than the one done with a day spread.

Turned out I was wrong when I saw that people were making money on the real using sets optimised through TDS with variable spreads.

Ilya Malev:

This phrase speaks volumes about your knowledge of forex all there is to know about it

This phrase speaks of my knowledge of infrastructure, but it is useless to argue with you, your grail will overcome all adversity

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

It is useless to argue with you, your grail will overcome all adversity

It is really useless to argue with me, because I have wide practical experience on this subject, unlike your theoretical one. And I, unfortunately, do not have any grails.

Ilya Malev:

It is really useless to argue with me, because I have a wide practical experience on this subject, unlike your theoretical one. Unfortunately, I do not have any grails.

To be more correct, it's not even an argument but a conversation between a person who is familiar with the inside and a person who observes the outside :)

I can not write about everything, sorry... you will be bloody banned )

Let's go back to licensing ... without licenses is bad, no one will protect us ...

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

That phrase speaks volumes about my knowledge of infrastructure, but it's no use arguing with you, your grail will overcome all adversity

No offence@Maxim Dmitrievsky, but I think Anton has much more knowledge about insides than you do. He looks into the guts from inside, one might say.

Boris Gulikov:
No offence @Maxim Dmitrievsky, but I think Anton has much more knowledge of the guts than you do. After all, he looks into the guts, one might say, from the inside.

Can you tell me more about a certain Anton?