My approach. The core is the engine. - page 70

Реter Konow:

You don't know me yet...))

Just don't go back to shutting up for three years with Canvas.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

With the introduction of .Net library support, the difference appears.

It's making a difference, yes...

But until recently, people who shouldn't be pointing fingers assured that dragging the CLR is too much.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

it's showing up, no doubt about it...

But until recently, people who shouldn't be pointed at assured that dragging the CLR was too much.

I don't know if the developers had to sell their souls to the devil for this feature, but on a user level it looks great.

Igor Makanu:

I think it's time for everything, MT developers said that Sharp is Sharp, and it's closer to C++, in Delphi to write kilometres of begin-end and := , lazy)))

As strange as it sounds, but MQL is closer to C# than to C++. Once I wanted to convert a little open source C++ lib to MQL, was horrified by all those void* and typedef. Then I realized that in MQL there are no such notions that are easy to use. As for C#, it's very similar to MQL in working with objects. So, I think the choice of language developers for integration was not accidental.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

As strange as it sounds, but MQL is closer to C# than to C++. Once I wanted to convert some small open source C++ library to MQL, but I was horrified by all those void* and typedef. Then I realized that in MQL there are no such notions that are easy to use. As for C#, it's very similar to MQL in working with objects. So I think that the choice of language developers for the integration was not an accidental one.

My feeling is that MQL evolved from Pascal and BASIC :-) no offense, at the time of the idea it was a de facto standard... From C it's just syntax and the effect as it grew

syntax is from C, strings are Pascalian, arrays are Forthranian.

taking the best of what's available. Now C#

Vasiliy Sokolov:

As strange as it sounds, but MQL is closer to C# than to C++. Once I wanted to convert one small open source C++ library to MQL, but I was horrified by all those void* and typedef. Then I realized that in MQL there are no such notions that are easy to use. As for C#, it's very similar to MQL in working with objects. So I think that the choice of language developers for integration was not accidental.

I showed an example in C# above:

public static void Get(ref int[] arr,ref int sz)
                {
                        sz =arr.Length;
                }

In MT5 I passed a static array when calling and returned the array size from C#, this is not possible on Native DL, apparently MT5 is written under .Net

I will try to use C# to write the whole interface, all mathematical calculations, which are available on the web, and I can connect it all to MT5 without problems - what a tale!

Igor Makanu:

I showed you an example in C# above:

In MT5 I passed a static array when calling and returned the array size from C#, on Native DL this is not possible, apparently MT5 is written under .Net

If you will write the whole interface in C#, all mathematical calculations, which are abundant on the web, and you can connect it all to MT5 without any problems - magic!

MQL6 will be Sharpe :-)

We are traders, we can play long.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

My feeling is that MQL grew out of Pascal and Basics :-) no offense, at the time of the idea it was a de-facto standard... From C only syntax and influence as it grew

syntax is from C, strings are Pascalian, arrays are Forthranian.

Taking the best of what's available. Now C#.

I don't know. With my experience of C++ MQL - completely consistent.

Moreover, almost all my old developments were easily transferred to MQL with very little modification.

Probably, it's because I use typedef very rarely and try to avoid void altogether.

Georgiy Merts:

I don't know. With my experience of C++ MQL - completely consistent.

Moreover, almost all my old work has been easily transferred to MQL with very few modifications.

Probably, it's because I use typedef very rarely and try to avoid void altogether.

C++ can be very different. One programmer has macros and typedef void*, and the other one has almost pure MQL.

I keep forgetting to ask@Peter Konow if your development works in the strategy tester?

On Sharp, the window works fine in the tester, nothing slows down because the window runs in a separate thread