The programmer gave me an order and then put it up for sale - page 8

Fedor Arkhipov:

Well, not everyone drives. They go to freelance, look at the average price of a job, and then put theirs up for $30.

And in other fields, on other freelance sites as well. I am also engaged in the automation of productions.

How about the offer of one foreigner to write a program for automating a factory for $200? A shop!? It's not like writing an owl in a week.

There are people working there, there could be fatal accidents. I quit after that offer on that site.

Only rascals can offer such serious work on freelance for pennies. And there were a dime a dozen of them.

I mean ACS, SCADA-systems and industrial controllers programming.

What do you think?

The idea to write the owl belongs to the client, but he did not pay for the work. Can I put this owl on the market?

I probably should've stipulated the rules of writing right away.

Although you didn't know that this would happen.

I think you need to comply with all the requirements of the marketplace and the rules of Freelance. And do not stipulate the terms on the side.

I'd rather have 100 arbitrage than problems....

I believe that the customer has no right to use your code and you have no right to use his idea.

If you had stipulated in advance that in case the customer doesn't pay for the work - you have the right to use the code at your own discretion. IMHO.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing of trading strategies

The programmer placed an order for me and sell it

Fedor Arkhipov, 2018.10.23 10:56

And arbitrage, with them all is not so simple. When searching for a new order, he sees how many arbitrations the performer has. Would you like to have a performer with 100 arbitrations?

So you have to adjust to reality. It is easier to lose time and money and work with normal people.

You have answered your own question.

Why chase the number of jobs and customers?

They will find you if they need you.

A beautiful rating will not bring money...

Ranking allows you to get more orders, i.e. it brings in money.

Yes, you should probably write a separate clause stating that if you don't pay, the code will be used at your own discretion.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

You yourself (ALL) have fed customers with "sweet" dumping prices of $30.

I agree with you 100%.

I now generally have rarely go to freelance since to get a normal order is almost impossible - all for 30 and if you put the price higher, it almost instantly falls into the group "rejected". And for these 30, the customer will blow your mind so badly that you involuntarily wonder why I got caught up in it.

vlad78:

Hi. A programmer placed an order for me and then put it up for sale (my idea of an EA and how it should work), (no my consent)

Is this allowed in MQL5?

Is it possible to prevent this now and in the future ???

You have not signed any contract stating that you own the software, have you? That is why we need a contractual relationship, so that such cases can be resolved. Otherwise it can be interpreted both in your favour and in his.

Fedor Arkhipov:

Ranking allows you to get more orders, i.e. brings in money.

Yes, you should probably write a separate clause saying that in case of non-payment, the code will be used at your own discretion.

What do you mean by "not paying"? There is a ToR, there are funds reserved by the service. Have the terms of reference been fulfilled? The customer does not accept the work? Arbitration solves such issues.

Baruban:

You haven't signed any contract stating that you own the software, have you? That is why you need a contractual relationship, so that such cases can be resolved. Otherwise, it can be interpreted both in your and his favour.

The rules of the service state that the result of the order is the property of the customer.

The customer probably doesn't understand the possibilities of programming and that's why he raises such a question.

If the customer's idea is executed by a programmer, then all the trump cards go to him. Why?

Because the programmer already knows more about this TS, he will have more opportunities than the customer.

The programmer will be able to change this program and sell it in such a way that not only the customer, but anyone else will not recognize it.

So if the customer has given his idea to the programmer, he is already losing it.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

The customer probably doesn't understand the possibilities of programming and that's why he raises such a question.

If the customer's idea is executed by a programmer, then all the trump cards go to him. Why?

Because the programmer already knows more about this TS, he will have more opportunities than the customer.

The programmer will be able to change this program and sell it in such a way that not only the customer, but anyone else will not recognize it.

So if the customer gave his idea to the programmer, he would already be losing it.

First of all, there are limits to decency. If the programmer realized an idea, he does not rush to sell it on his friends or on the market. A la bank secrecy, but in the application of software-building.

In the main, the programmer is usually more knowledgeable about the market and has seen many such ideas, including those in the public domain. In practice, the programmer pretends to be shocked by the severity of the order :-)

By the way, for 30-50 quid for freelancing, the customer receives, as a rule, not only his idea in code, but also a long-term stable runtime of classes/functions/algorithms. Where the hell is the LIB, DLL analogues? So that they don't give everything in source code, but only the ordered part

That's the way it is. Right now, for example, there is a job posted on Freelance. For 35 dollars to make an EA with news filter and partial closing of orders.

If you have to write from scratch a news filter and partial closing of orders every time, then I would not agree to do it for less than $200.

But it would be much cheaper for the client, but not for 35 of course.

Fedor Arkhipov:

Right now, for example, there is a job posted on Freelance. For $35 to make an EA with a news filter and partial closing of orders.

You posted it? Why, do they accept it? Is it the testing period of the new version that is closed for accepting new versions of products? Or is this only for the MT5 version?