Record on the Market - page 18

Andrey Barinov:

I don't see any paid products in your profile.

It's early days yet! If I put up a paid product, do you think many people will buy it? When I have at least a few hundred subscribers on my free signal - then we'll put it up.

That's the mistake of most naive users, who download the product from Kodobase and put it in the Market - they'll earn money on it. ***them! In today's world, income depends little on what you do and how you do it. It is much more important to "be in the right place at the right time" and "get into the swing of it". That, in fact, is what marketing is all about - creating this very "flow". And I am doing the same thing on this forum - building up my reputation. When everyone knows about the TC League and the results it produces, then the TC League will be switched to a paid basis. It's early days yet.

Georgiy Merts:

then the CU League will be put on a pay-as-you-go basis. It's early days yet.

Then your forum thread will also be taken down. Not yet.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

it is clear that your branch made some sense in the 'future'

How could it not? You (let's say "you") see for yourself what Market has come to. This thread is a good illustration.

Andrey Barinov:

Then your forum thread will also be taken down. Not yet.

Well, I won't need it then - it'll have served its purpose. I'll stop maintaining it myself.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Only spot advertising - whatever that may be - solves the problem.

No one is arguing with that. I'm just saying that in my opinion, the resource's capacity for spot advertising could be expanded.

Georgiy Merts:

I won't need it then - it'll do its job. I'll stop supporting it myself.

Wrong. You know that the average lifetime of a DC client is 3 months. That is, you have to keep gaining new clients. Otherwise the brokerage company will die. That is why there is so much advertising for brokerage companies. Otherwise, by your logic they may not advertise either. Once they have attracted clients and that's it.

It is the same with products in the market. They need to inform new users. Those who are now aware of your League will leave the market in 3 months on average...

Andrey Barinov:

Wrong. You know that the average lifetime of a DC customer is 3 months. That is, you have to keep gaining new clients. Otherwise the brokerage company will die. That is why there is so much advertising for brokerage companies. Otherwise, by your logic they may not advertise either. Once they have attracted clients and that's it.

It is the same with products in the market. They need to inform new users. Those who are now aware of your League will leave the market in 3 months on average...

well I don't agree with you 100%.

After yandex banned the advertising of forex resources, and then closed DIRECT for Ukraine, I went to google.

But it also did not allow me to advertise for a long time and closed Forex advertising (except for brokerage advertising).

If a product is of interest, you don't have to advertise it.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

I do not agree with you 100%.

After Yandex banned Forex advertising and then closed DIRECT for Ukraine, I switched to Google.

But it also did not allow me to advertise for a long time and closed Forex advertising (except for brokerage advertising).

If a product is of interest, you don't have to advertise it.

We must have different meanings in the word advertising.

In order for the product to arouse someone's interest or vomit, this person must first find out that the product exists. That's what I'm talking about, making them aware of the product's existence. And I call it advertising.

Imagine this. You're new here. You just signed up here. And you created a super-duper product (let it be a tool that you cannot run in the tester). How would you solve the task of informing users about your super product?

Nothing? Would you wait for the interest to arise after users find your nugget among 10000 others?

Andrey Barinov:

We must have different meanings in the word Advertising.

In order for a product to arouse someone's interest or vomit, they must first find out that the product exists. That's what I'm talking about: making them aware of the product's existence. And I call it advertising.

Imagine this. You're new here. You just signed up here. And you created a super-duper product (let it be a tool that you cannot run in the tester). How would you solve the task of informing users about your super product?

Nothing? Would you wait for the interest to arise after users will find your nugget among 10000 others?

Yes... a vicious circle.

Andrey Barinov:

Wrong. You know that the average lifetime of a DC customer is 3 months. That is, you have to keep gaining new clients. Otherwise the brokerage company will die. That is why there is so much advertising for brokerage companies. Otherwise, by your logic they may not advertise either. Once they have attracted clients and that's it.

It is the same with products in the market. They need to inform new users. Those who are now aware of your league will leave the market after 3 months on average...

I didn't mention shareware for nothing - I used to communicate a lot in that environment. And I can see that Market is repeating the same path. Which means that the experience gained there will work in this case. That's why I don't even try to put anything on the Market - it's too late. It's already a dead end now. The right direction is to build a community around your idea, and only then monetize it when the community itself demands it. "Service, not sales" is the main direction of development.

And what about "they will leave in 3 months" - it all depends on the League's results. If it will be unprofitable - then they will leave even earlier. But if it is consistently profitable, the users will not go anywhere.