Trend indicators for EAs. - page 2

Aleksey Ivanov:
I just want to catch the beginning and then I'll hang up the trawl.

It doesn't matter if it's the beginning or the end.

khorosh:

Well it depends on how you define a trend. If you consider, and this is the most common definition: that a trend is up (down) when each new peak (trough) is higher (lower) than the previous peak (trough) According to this change in direction is the beginning of a new trend and the end of the previous one.

Everybody does it and it's not right. It is a passive way of determining, not connected with the market's rhythm at the moment, but stating the market that has died, i.e., gone into history.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Everyone does it and it's not right.

Why?

The beginning or end of a trend, even visually, is impossible to determine.

Those who draw trend lines draw them on history when the train has already left.

khorosh:

Why?

Read the answer above.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

The beginning or end of a trend, even visually, is impossible to determine.

Those who draw trend lines draw them on history, when the train has already left.

Quite right, you and I, independently of each other, have come to the same conclusion.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

What difference does it make whether it's the beginning or the end.

The gain is different (or even the loss).

Something about your drawings doesn't open for me. In fact, I really like turkey meat (and I don't like moose meat).

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Quite right, you and I, independently of each other, have come to the same conclusion.

I don't use trendlines. You can always set the threshold at which a zigzag reversal occurs, such that a break of its knee in 90 cases out of 100 results in a change of trend direction, and hence the emergence of a new trend.