Trend indicators for EAs. - page 6

Aleksey Ivanov:

I take your point. Thank you. I would like to hear other opinions.

The Indicator that I mentioned above, from 12-00 on 30/04/18 gave the verdict of SELL to the market and it does not intend to change it in the near future. During this time, I am sure, all indicators have changed their readings hundreds and thousands of times, misleading traders, because the market went up and down unpredictably. Optimizing the specified indicator for the last 5 years on the parameters of sampling, TP and SL, to minimize the drawdown, calmly and confidently trade, forgetting about other indicators as a bad dream. This indicator does not divide market sectors into trendy and flat. All segments of the price chart are equally good for it. However, it also makes mistakes sometimes, but these mistakes are not fatal for the deposit.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Again you are wrong to be strictly categorical. ATC implements the result of your brain's activity in calmly discussing market problems and the brain must reproduce adequate solutions. Your brain checks and rechecks your thought process hundreds of times and comes up with the correct verdict. But in real trading, with limited time, your brain can make mistakes, and you may not notice it, because your subconscious mind, which is out of your control, works too. In contrast, the computer executes the will of your brain accurately and error-free within the framework of the ATC. Are there any other arguments against ATC?

Do not confuse the brain. If you are not able to trade profitably with your hands, no ATS will be able to do what is done with your hands.

It is impossible to fully simulate manual trading by software.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Don't get your brains mixed up. If you don't know how to trade profitably with your hands, then no ATS of yours can do what is done with your hands.

It is impossible to fully simulate manual trading by software.

Tell me please, which of these manual actions of yours cannot be formalized and automated? Your intuition? Can you roughly state it? I will soon try to refute your confidence in manual trading with a perfect ATS.

Artyom Trishkin:

Thank you. It's an interesting turkey. I'd just change the blue and red sticks. Oh, no. I'm sorry. The sticks are right. I've been brainwashed to death.

Aleksey Ivanov:

Thank you. It's an interesting turkey. I would only swap the blue and red sticks.

In line 16:

#property indicator_color1  clrRoyalBlue,clrOrangeRed,clrDarkGray

swap the first two colours with each other:

#property indicator_color1  clrOrangeRed,clrRoyalBlue,clrDarkGray

Aleksey Ivanov:

Gentlemen! There are thousands of indicators on the Internet that are used for trend identification.

My question to active EA developers who studied this problem in practice: "In your opinion, what indicators are really promising to be used in EAs for reliable detection of trend beginning?

For Expert Advisors, it is desirable, in my opinion, to discuss (in terms of advantages and disadvantages) indicators with scales, say, the trend strength varies from -1 to 1 .

For a confident detection of the trend start it is better to use only the trend reversal indicator in conjunction with a breakdown indicator. Catching the trend is futile, catch the reversal.

ZY: Patterns and charts; no trend strength and scale. All on the rights of the imhenko....

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Please tell me which of your manual actions cannot be formalised and automated? Your intuition? Can you describe it roughly?

Here is a small example, other examples are very complicated, it is not possible to explain in two words:

We set Take Profit(TP) at 20 points. The price reaches 19 pips and TP shows a swing and goes in the opposite direction.

What will you do ?

Алексей Тарабанов:

To determine the beginning of a trend with certainty, it is promising to use only (1) the previous trend reversal indicator in conjunction with (2) the trend break indicator. Catching the trend is futile, catch the reversal.

ZY: Patterns and charts; no trend strength or scale. All on the rights of the imhenko....

And what indices (1-2) would you recommend to use for this?

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Here is a small example, the other examples are very complicated, it is not possible to explain in two words:

We set a Take Profit(TP) of around 20 pips. The price reaches 19 pips without triggering the TP and goes in the opposite direction to the downside.

What do you do?

If the TP is set in ATS, let the price go where it wants, it will definitely return in the future and if it doesn't, ATS will close this position with an optimal loss, previously benefiting many times over from other positions. Once you have established a trading mode, you should not give it up for the sake of one position.

Aleksey Ivanov:
And what indices (1-2) would you recommend to use for this?

Potential pivot point indicator - 1-2-3 pattern on curved fractals (by me). Trend - by Sperandeo. Fixing the moment of trend breakdown - at the request of the client.