Trend indicators for EAs. - page 4

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Then, why hasn't the zig-zag become one for most traders?

Maybe they don't like what the last ray draws.

Serqey Nikitin:

Most traders think of an indicator as analogous to a strategy.

But an indicator is just a tool you need to know how to use..., but not a strategy...

If a trader understands this obvious truth, it will be easy and smooth for him to build a strategy...

P.S. The best indicator...?

You were very pessimistic about indicators in your article.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

It's obvious that you are not a programmer and don't understand anything about it.

It makes no difference to the program whether it is a micro or macro trend.

Programming is not an end in itself, but serves to implement the logic of the TS, so logic is primary and programming is secondary. If the logic is wrong, programming cannot correct the flaws of the TS. Indeed, I do not understand anything about programming in µl, but I know eksel perfectly well. It's a type of programming too.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

You are very pessimistic about indicators in your article.

On the contrary, I am very pragmatic about indicators...

When working with indicators you need to know their mathematics and all the strengths and weaknesses of this tool ... and not just looking at pictures ...

Georgiy Merts:

Then it's the most common mouvement. Correctly said above.

You need a "scale" - it's easier that way. We take the distance from the current price to the muving, and divide by the ATR (of the same period as the muving) - we get the value from -1 to +1 (most often it will be from -0.5 to +0.5), just as we wanted.

Here - to the point. One turkey has already been made up. To cook it (write the code) - a matter of five minutes. Let's move on to the point.

Serqey Nikitin:

When working with indicators, you need to know their mathematics and all the strengths and weaknesses of the tool...,

I wanted to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of trend indicators with the experts.

Serqey Nikitin:

On the contrary, I have a very pragmatic attitude to indicators...

When working with indicators, you need to know their maths and all the strengths and weaknesses of this tool ... and not just looking at pictures ...

It's true, I even try not to display them on the screen so as not to worry when seeing their readings - they work in the body of the Expert Advisor and that's enough.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Programming is not an end in itself, but serves to implement the logic of the TS, so logic is primary and programming is secondary. If the logic is wrong, programming cannot correct the flaws of the TS.

The best and fastest and most accurate indicator is our brain, which instantly processes visual graphs.

The one, who does not know how to trade with his hands, he will never be able to develop a profitable Expert Advisor.

Forex is not a case where a computer uses its capabilities to quickly detect, for example, fingerprints or teach a robot to walk using machine learning.

In forex such things do not work. It is as unpredictable as a football game.

P.S. Without programming your trading system, and without testing, you will not be able to determine the weaknesses of your TS.

Aleksey Ivanov:
I just want to get a start and then I'll hang a trawl.

Hang it at breakeven and you will be happy. As Petros rightly pointed out, the beginning and the end cannot be determined.

Aleksey Ivanov:
It's about probability more than 0.5, i.e. about a certain degree of confidence, not about absolute confidence, which cannot be achieved anywhere. Indices are better let's discuss.

Then try the channel breakout, at least it gives something.

No one can ever look at a chart and answer the question:

did the price fall first and then rise or vice versa did it rise first and then fall?

This logic is true at any point in the chart, because on ticks it is one thing, on minutes it is another, etc.

The price may wobble around one pip on ticks for several minutes, but the horizontal line seldom moves along it.

There are no such indicators and never will be.