A man has become a billionaire. What is his purpose in life now? - page 2

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

Yep, that's it, he's running away)))

too bad....

the richer, the greedier....

He has the sole purpose of developing everything around him. Most of the rich are highly moral people, if something breaks down in them then money becomes the biggest problem. There are plenty of examples.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

the richer, the greedier....

Not exactly true -"As of the end of 2016, Bill Gates has donated over $31 billion of personal cash to charity " - Wikipedia.
Which means your statement is not correct.

Andrei Fandeev:

Not really -"As of the end of 2016, Bill Gates has donated over $31 billion of personal cash to charities " - Wikipedia.
Which means your statement is not correct.

Gates is good. I used to watch the news about him when I was a kid.

but that, alas, is the exception.

For the rest, unfortunately, my statement is correct.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

But this, alas, is the exception.

One only has to google the subject of charity, and one can see that it is not an Exception.
Even amongst the Very Wealthy people I know, almost everyone is not greedy at all when it comes to charity. I know this firsthand.

P.S. When I express some surprise at the size of their charitable donations, I almost always hear things like:
"Andryukha, God or luck or intelligence helped me. I am obliged to share it with those who haven't had the chance".

Andrei Fandeev:

One has only to google the subject of charity and one can see that it is not an exception.
Even among my acquaintances who are very rich, almost all of them are not greedy at all when it comes to charity. I know this firsthand.

So do I.

often charity is only in the form of self-promotion.

We're on TV:

what a good citizen "K...." who helped build the playground. Citizen "K..." has 10 grocery stores....

Planted a tree in the park and there must be a plaque next to it saying who planted the tree.

I don't own millions and billions. I don't know all the nuances, maybe they need to prove themselves. I grew up "on the street" myself and help out quietly.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

often charity is only in the form of self-promotion.

I agree, a lot of people do it "out of calculation". I was like that myself, at a time when I wondered "where else to spend the money" ))) To benefit my business or my image (although it's the same thing).
But I know people who do it quietly, not for profit. Sometimes I've done it too, when I've been exposed to a heartbreaking story.

In general, it all depends on the person, the situation and so on.
There is no one-size-fits-all judgement in this matter.

Andrei Fandeev:

I agree, a lot of people do it 'out of calculation'. I was like that myself, at a time when I wondered 'where else to spend the money' )))) To benefit my business or image (although it's the same thing).
But I know people who do it quietly, not for profit. Sometimes I've done it too, when I've been exposed to a heartbreaking story.

In general, it all depends on the person, the situation and so on.
There is no one-size-fits-all in this matter.

I would rather agree. My statement does not apply to "all" rich people.

I'm just stating my observations: the richer, the more arrogant, the greedier.

This is especially true of those who have not earned it themselves, but have been helped (Dads, Moms, Relatives).

You're all so great. Help me with a start-up deposit or help me pay off my mortgage. You know, quietly, so no one knows.)))

Aleksandr Yakovlev:
You're all so great. Help me with a down payment or help me pay off my mortgage. You know, quietly, so no one knows.)))

I also have a mortgage (I had one) and a loan, but I am not asking for help, because I have arms and legs and a head. I took a loan for myself and I knew what I was getting into.

But to give a child with cerebral palsy, and even to a rejected child, at least half an hour of attention will replace 10,000 pieces of paper.