Exploring the Graal. "The 'tester grail' only works on the tester. And how to make an online chart become like a tester chart. Or - page 4

Renat Akhtyamov:

No way.

It's less than the spread.

up to 5 on a 4-digit spread.

In my real account, the spread is 3 on a 4-digit spread. Translated into 5-digits, that would be 30...

Konstantin Nikitin:

On my real account, the spread is 3 on a 4-digit spread. In 5-digit terms, that's 30...

So a 4-5 point stop on a 4-digit spread would be a grail in the tester.

The condition for the signal is to roll over the stop, the take will be optimized.

On a real account, it's a bust.

Apparently you need to learn.

Learned some standard concepts on MT4 and don't understand that on MT5 there is no spread option. The spread used during the test is the real tick spread.

And also a position or order can be closed anywhere without using any physical stops.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Learned some standard concepts on MT4 and don't understand that on MT5 there is no spread option. The spread used during the test is the real tick spread.

And also a position or order can be closed anywhere without using any physical stops.

And where and by whom was it written about physical stops? ))

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

An order cannot be closed, it can only be deleted.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

And where and by whom was it written about physical feet? ))

There's here.

It discusses that you can't put your feet close together.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The order cannot be closed, it can only be deleted.

))) That's right. Comrade would do well to sort it out himself first, and then give advice)).

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Here at

It's discussed that you can't put the stops close together.

Again, who said it was physical? I don't use one at all. Although there is a distant one, and I need it as an emergency one, in case of an internet outage or other force majeure.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Well, well. This is only, and no more than, counting at 1m intervals. You need it more often, and you think 1m counts are pointless - you're welcome to it.

I, on the other hand, think that using ticks for most strategies is pointless. What's more, it's a waste of time.

Not only is it meaningless, but it also eats up a lot of resources. My EA is also working with prices at m1, such a sampling rate is not too much, and it hardly spins. If I input ticks, my computer will die. Therefore, I support this viewpoint. But I have nothing against systems that analyze ticks. Everything may have some sense. And by the way, I haven't received any tester grails )

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Here at

It is discussed that stops should not be placed close to each other.

The Grail: 100 pips stop, 5 pips profit. A lot of Expert Advisors are written, and they end up losing money.

If we do the opposite, we can achieve a positive result.

Conclusion: the closer you fix the loss, the better the chance of getting a profit over a long distance, which means you need a close stop.