Canvas is cool! - page 46

Vlad Svetlov:

Hello everyone! Happy New Year everyone!!!

I have a non-programmer question)... Created an indicator, based on the previously posted code here, that simply changes the background colour of the chart, to a replaceable, seamless image, using Canvas. How can I send the created background to the background without including the "chart on top"?

It's just that I also have an EA panel, and, with the "graph on top" on, it's a mess)

I haven't found the answer in the branch, and my knowledge is insufficient for digging the code)... You can ask in person, so as not to litter the branch.

If you are using iCanvas class, there is a SetBack function in it.

void   SetBack(const bool bck) {ObjectSetInteger(m_chart_id,m_objname,OBJPROP_BACK,bck);} // Set canvas behind the chart or in front of the chart

If you use CCanvas class, you can apply

ObjectSetInteger(m_chart_id,m_objname,OBJPROP_BACK,true);

Nikolai Semko:

If you use the iCanvas class, it has a SetBack function.

Thank you so much! Everything is beautiful now)

Happy New Year once again! Or Happy New Year! Good luck to all and get your wishes come true!)

Another useless craft, but it's beautiful ))

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/27641

Price in polar coordinate system
Price in polar coordinate system
  • www.mql5.com
I want to remind you that for you to see the maximum data history on the screen, you need to set unlimited in the settings "Max bar in chart"(Tools ->Options->Charts). The position of the mouse changes the parameters of the polar coordinate system: Changes in the start date of data output are set using the mouse position on the X axis...

Nikolai Semko:

Another useless craft, but it's beautiful ))

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/27641

What is this thing - hypnosis? :)

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What is this thing called hypnosis? :)

In fact, a polar coordinate system would be quite appropriate for displaying a tick chart.
One revolution is one minute, as on a dial. And so for at least the last 10 minutes.
Maybe I will at some point...

Interesting stuff. Where can it be used?

Nikolai Semko:

In fact, a polar coordinate system would be very appropriate for displaying a tick chart.
One revolution is one minute, like on a dial. And so for at least the last 10 minutes.
Maybe I will at some point...

Circle loop has been wanting to do something like this for a long time.

Alex potapenko:
Interesting stuff. Where can it be used?

I don't know, to be honest. And I doubt there's any real use for it. Does anybody have any ideas...
Just implemented, because it was interesting to see how it looks and at the request of one of the forum participants.
So far I see only one thing:
Here's taking the USDRUB chart, for example, where one circle is 24 hours. At the very top 0 (24) hours, at the bottom 12 hours.

From this chart you can immediately see the picture from the last 49 trading sessions, at which time there is usually a flat, at which time there is some activity.
From a normal chart, this is quite difficult to see.

Nikolai Semko:

I don't know, to be honest. Yes, and I doubt that it can find a real use for good.
I just implemented it because it was interesting to see how it looks like and at the request of one of the forum members.
So far I see only one thing.
Take for example the USDRUB chart, when one circle is 24 hours. At the very top 0 (24) hours, at the bottom 12 hours.

From this chart, you can immediately see a picture of the last 49 trading sessions, which time frets usually, which time some activity starts.
From a normal chart, it is quite difficult to see.

Not so, you take three circles, 24 hours each, merge them into one circle, divide by Pi you get the cycle, then you add degrees, then you make a 24-hour dial and 360 degree circle, count the initial cycle from the lowest point to the inner circle, divide the cycle by 0.618 and finally you get the time of trend change or increase in real time, and look in the table of degrees by cycles.

It's complicated for me to implement... Although the program exists, but too clever with planetary cycles I think it should look simpler...

But it's a nice picture ;)

Nikolai Semko:

I don't know, to be honest. And I doubt there's any real useful use for it. Maybe somebody has some ideas...
Just implemented, because it was interesting to see how it looks and at the request of one of the forum participants.
So far I see only one thing:
Here's taking the USDRUB chart, for example, where one circle is 24 hours. At the very top 0 (24) hours, at the bottom 12 hours.

From this chart you can immediately see the picture from the last 49 trading sessions, at which time there is usually a flat, at which time there is some activity.
From a normal chart, this is quite difficult to see.

not a circle on a plane, but a cylinder in 3d :-) The course will come out in a spiral. If you successfully mark up the cylindrical coordinates, it's a pretty sensible thing