From theory to practice - page 1120

multiplicator:

i'm just saying that not everything can be formalized.

If you spend 3 years on testing each system, it will not last a lifetime.

use a strategy tester, there are works on the forum to simulate manual trading in the tester - throw in indicators, draw a wave, and stretch the Fibs... and may profits come!

;)

multiplicator:

that's what I'm saying: not everything can be formalised.

I have developed the view that if it cannot be formalised, then it does not exist for me.

Igor Makanu:

sketch indicators, draw a wave, stretch the Fibs... and let the profits roll in!

;)

let's do it ourselves.

multiplicator:

The problem with manual trading is that "in order to check a strategy, you need to test it for a year or three, but nobody will test it manually for so long, they'll get sick of it. "
The disadvantage of automated trading is that you can't always write what you see with your eyes into a trading programme.

I'd say it's just not immediate.

the muse must visit.

personally, I try to think of such things in the morning, right from sleep, and only finish them in the evening

Sometimes it seems that you make such a correct and logical change in the program that there is no need to test the result.

I cannot be sure that my trading robot is a real trading robot, and I have already managed to open it and leave it there.

The state is the first thing that proves that the Expert Advisor has been used, the balance and equity have been improved, a good signal has been formed, etc.

Renat Akhtyamov:

I do not pay much attention to EAs without a statement, because it is immediately clear that someone's rubbish was accidentally dumped into the public view.

In a normal test, the real is almost identical to the test. If it does not, there is something wrong with the testing or the tester. Of course, if we have not done the tests by ourselves, there are no guarantees of correct testing and we just have to look at the real. Especially as the tester grails are as plentiful as dirt.

The start of trading is imminent... A new month - dreams and hopes, rage and misery, the Grail and happiness.

Let's wish each other luck. Godspeed, boys!

Alexander_K:

The start of trading is imminent... A new month - dreams and hopes, rage and misery, the Grail and happiness.

Yeah. Amen.

Alexander_K:

Happy first of April!

:-)

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Happy April 1st !

:-)

...don't believe the false alarms!

khorosh:

...False breakdowns are not to be believed!

You can't trust anyone now, not even yourself... (Müller)