Bitcoin miner - page 157

Edgar Akhmadeev:
As promised, I'm reporting back on the results of testing the laptop with the ricer.
The experiment ended unsuccessfully, on W10 and W7. The driver won't start, not enough resources. Disabled everything that should work without, didn't help. Looks like it won't work on a laptop with a discrete graphics card, not enough PCIe lines. At least on older models.
It's possible to solder off the unwanted old video card, but I'm not ready.
The notebook topic is closed, though not solved.
Sadness of course. Soldering may not help. It is quite possible, that just vidyus only from board see, and through pcie vidyus do not see and it is written in the bios.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:
Sadness of course. Soldering may not help. It is quite possible that the board only sees visios, but it does not see them via pcie and this is written in the bios.
It sees the video card, detects it correctly, installs the driver, but it won't start. Well, that's what I expected. That's what the experiment is for. Anyone with a laptop with only an integrated card, or with a modern bios, where you can disable the discrete card, should work.

Edgar Akhmadeev:
It sees the video card, detects it correctly, installs the driver, but it won't start. Well, that's what I expected. That's what the experiment is for. Anyone with a laptop with only an integrated card, or with a modern bios where you can disable the discrete card, should work.

What won't start, the miner itself? Has the device number been specified there? Any experience of running the miner on a desktop computer?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What won't start, the miner itself? Has the device number been specified there? Do you have any experience of running the miner on a desktop computer?

As I wrote in the report on the previous page -"The driver doesn't start, not enough resources".

The miner runs on CPU. It fails on GPU on my laptop due to the reasons described in detail. Now I'm building a stand with Standard-ATX. But it's not an interesting topic, it's been discussed 100500 times.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

As I wrote in the report on the previous page -"Driver does not start, not enough resources".

The miner runs on CPU. The GPU on the laptop is a bust, for the reasons described in detail. Now I'm building a stand with Standard-ATX. But it's not an interesting topic, it's been discussed 100500 times.

How about disabling the discrete graphics card?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

And disable the discrete video card?

Well, you should have read my report or something... (at least - the first post on this page opened it). I repeat that disabling in device manager doesn't save, my old laptop's bios doesn't disable video cards, and I'm not ready to disable by soldering. Maybe there are other ways, but this topic is very poorly covered on the net and I haven't found any other options.

I have one riser (MOLEX). When I have more (not soon, I'm afraid) - I'll double-check. But I don't think it's about it. I wrote that the video card was correctly detected and the driver installed. I used DDU to install it. Moreover, being aware of some perennial problems with AMD drivers, I tried 11 versions, 15.xx...18.xx and 20.xx, including favorite by miners 17.4.4, 18.2.1, and last (before 20.xx unrecommended) 18.6.1.

The power supply was plugged in, of course. AMD RX 550 card hasTDP=50W.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Well, you should have read my report or something... (at least - the first post on this page opened it). Again, disabling it in device manager doesn't help, my old laptop's bios don't disable video cards, and I'm not ready to disable it by soldering. Maybe there are other ways, but this topic is very poorly covered on the net and I haven't found any other options.

I have one riser (MOLEX). When I have more (not soon, I'm afraid) - I'll double-check. But I don't think it's about it. I wrote that the video card was correctly detected and the driver installed. I used DDU to install it. Moreover, being aware of some perennial problems with AMD drivers, I tried 11 versions, 15.xx...18.xx and 20.xx, including favorite by miners 17.4.4, 18.2.1, and last (before 20.xx unrecommended) 18.6.1.

The power supply was plugged in, of course. AMD RX 550 card hasTDP=50W.

I just forgot :)

Are there any other devices on board the laptop, maybe PCIe wifi - take it out to try.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I just forgot :)

Are there any other devices on board the laptop, maybe PCIe wifi - take it out to try.

Where do you think I put the raiser? ))

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Where do you think I put the ricer? ))

Makes sense :) But have you looked at the chip network limits - how many lines are there? If it was the bios, it wouldn't detect the device, but there's something wrong with it - it's a software issue.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Makes sense :) But have you looked at the chip network limits - how many lines are there? If bios, it wouldn't detect the device, but there's something wrong here - a software issue.

No data available. But if I took WiFi/BT out of PCIe, disabled everything in Device Manager that's on PCIe (discrete graphics card, card reader) and as well everything I can do without (audio, camera), and resources are not enough - so, no luck.

There's still a network controller for PCIe, but there's no point without it. I can buy USB ethernet, but I don't want to pay for unnecessary thing.

I don't know if USB controller hangs on PCIe, but I can't disconnect it, no way without mouse, and touchpad doesn't work.

An in-depth search on the net showed a lot of questions on disabling the discrete card in the laptop, and the answers are only resoldering resistors on the board (and possibly even unsoldering the chip).