Bitcoin miner - page 21

Aleksey Vyazmikin:
Does it make sense to buy a used 1080 Ti 6k farm for 320000 ?

Unfortunately, NO.

The fact is that 99.9% of miners BELOW overclock everything they can (I'm the only one who aims for the future),

and all equipment is running at BATTERY. Percentage that it will fail at YOU -90%.

But, if there are checks and warranty cards from a BIG and reputable shops and the price is much lower than the shop, and the equipment has been exploited no more than 5-6 months,

then you can take the risk...

A755:

misunderstood, i'm talking about that from 3rd Nov to 8th Nov the time of the farm was about 60-70% of the rest is downtime, it's not a consequence of switching algorithms it's some other problem

I found out about mining on 21 October 2017. :)

While I was out shopping, setting it up, trying it out...

Here's the downtime :)

prostotrader:

Unfortunately, NO.

The fact is that 99.9% of miners BELOW overclock everything they can (I'm the only one who aims for the future),

and all equipment is running at BATTERY. Percentage that it will fail at YOU -90%.

But if there are receipts and warranty cards and the price is much lower than the shop price, and equipment was not exploited more than 5-6 months,

it's worth the risk...

Yes, I think it's important to have receipts, if you have a warranty it doesn't matter how much it was run (or if the left firmware takes the warranty away - I wonder...). And the 1080 Ti came out in the spring of this year, so it shouldn't be more than half a year old...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Yeah, I think it's important to have receipts, if there's a warranty it doesn't matter how long it's been running. And 1080 Ti came out in spring this year, so they shouldn't be more than half a year old...

Again, it's all individual... But as a rule of thumb, it's an increased risk.

prostotrader:

I found out about mining on 21 October 2017. :)

While I was out shopping, setting it up, trying it out...

Here's a simple one :)

to keep your cards running put the bat file nanny in the autostart , you can get the code there http://miningclub.info/threads/batnik-mining-listing.16241/ just add the 7th card in the lines and everything will be fine

A755:

To keep yours running, put the bat file nanny in the autostart, you can get the code there http://miningclub.info/threads/batnik-mining-listing.16241/ just add the 7th map to the lines and everything will be fine

prostotrader:

it's not that, neshesh doesn't have a record of each of your cards individually, here you have to do it yourself, i.e. if one or two cards fail it won't reload

A755:

that's not it, neshesh doesn't count for each of your cards individually, here you have to do it yourself

Oh I see, I'll write a program for this purpose, but for now I'm guided by the total hash rate ~ 490 Mh/s

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Yeah, I think it's important to have receipts, if there's a warranty it doesn't matter how long it's been running (or if the left firmware takes away the warranty - I wonder...). And the 1080 Ti came out in the spring of this year, so it shouldn't be more than half a year old...

If you live in Moscow, there are 2 major shops that won't deny warranty.

They are Pleer and Regard, the last one is on EVGA's list as an official seller.

In fact, a payback period of 365 days is a very poor indicator. The cheapest Asic (special computer for mining) pays for itself in 5-6 months. Twice as fast. That once again proves that it's not komilfo to mine on videohas! If you really decided to invest dibs on the equipment, it's better to buy a farm. The result will be more efficient. IMHO !!!!