Bitcoin miner - page 16

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Building supercomputers is financed by governments. They are used for heavy tasks that can be efficiently parallelised .

About distributed networks from household computers - you don't need any bitcoins, there are ready-made solutions, in which you can build your task. But the question arises, and who has to provide his power to solve your problem?

At one time it was fashionable to search for signals from other civilisations, the SETI@home programme seems to still be alive. But, as it was rightly noted here, mining money is more interesting than looking for mythical green men.

In general, I've been wondering for a long time, how efficient it is to parallelize trading algorithms? Not on the level of primitives like parallel for, OpenCL will do quite well here, but on the level of serious parallel tasks. Yes, MQL* does not allow for that, but there are other options.

For example, when reading about meteorology the accuracy of weather forecasting there is determined by the amount of data (i.e. weather stations + satellite data + other sources) and it very much depends on computer power. The more computing power, the smaller the atmosphere can be sliced into smaller cubes and the more accurate the modelling will be.

That's not the case with trading, though. The data is too scarce, at least for mere mortals like us. And modelling somehow doesn't fit into clear laws ))

Alexey Volchanskiy: SETI@home seems to still be alive. But, as has been rightly pointed out here, mining the cash is more interesting than looking for mythical green men.

There! That's the thing, the guys (SETI creators) were surprised that no one wants to nobly provide their computer computing power for science (and maybe not only for science)... and began to think how to motivate people to share the power. And in a way that would not be expensive. И... they came up with a scam. Incredible in its scale and ingenious in its design. On the one hand, they create demand for computer hardware - thus financing the research into the improvements of computer hardware (+ jobs... in general, economic growth). On the other hand, they earn money. Yes, you need to invest money to get the whole thing going. But it is only in the beginning. Then people will feed the system themselves. They will also pour money on top of it.

Ievhenii Levchenko:

Oh! The thing is, the guys (SETI creators) were surprised that no one wants to nobly provide their computer computing power for science (and maybe not only for science)... and began to think how to motivate people to share the power. And in a way that would not be expensive. И... they came up with a scam. Incredible in its scale and ingenious in its design. On the one hand, they create demand for computer hardware - thus financing the research into the improvements of computer hardware (+ jobs... in general, economic growth). On the other hand, they earn money. Yes, you need to invest money to get the whole thing going. But it is only in the beginning. Then people will feed the system themselves. They will also pour money on top of it.

In the early noughties, many of my acquaintances ran this SETI on their computers, and still the computers were idle. And then somehow the interest faded as the results == NULL

Ievhenii Levchenko:
Good afternoon!

Please explain.
Andrey F. Zelinsky:

being defines consciousness

https://geektimes.ru/post/181850/ What a life, there are only squirrels around

Структура белка: введение для айтишников
Структура белка: введение для айтишников
  • geektimes.ru
Приятно видеть, что хабравчане регулярно интересуется другими предметными областями – например, биологией (более конкретно – структурой и функцией биологических макромолекул). Однако некоторые посты (например, этот), вызывают у специалиста просто физическую боль из-за обилия совершенно диких фактологических ошибок. В этом посте мне хочется...

Alexey Volchanskiy:

The main point is - why?

Well, it went up 2 times in a month and a half, so I can trade more on forex. Without any farms.

And you, dear, just like many others, do not understand the point of mining!

I don't give a damn if it has risen or fallen (dollar or bitcoin), it is ALL the same!

The main thing is the income the farm produces.

I finally got it all set up. This is the result of 4 days.

Drip and drip...

prostotrader:

And you, dear one, as well as many others, don't understand the meaning of mining at all!

"don't understand the meaning of mining" -- that's why they don't mine.

"Do you want to see a trick? It's a secret, boy."

prostotrader:

And you, dear one, as well as many others, do not understand the meaning of mining at all!

I don't give a damn if it's up or down (dollar or bitcoin), it's ALL the same!

Drip and drip...

What do you mean 7 GPUs are 7 cards? If so, how do they connect to one CPU? And how much did it all cost? What about the noise, did you run it all at home?

More details please, because only theorists around))

prostotrader:

Drip and drip...

If you switch over to water heating, you can get enough joules to heat your house or, if you are in a private area, you can build a greenhouse and produce cannabis all year round)

you need to install the babysitter to the heating system - better to describe it by a batch if you need me to send you the code

prostotrader:

And you, dear one, as well as many others, do not understand the meaning of mining at all!

I don't give a damn if it's up or down (dollar or bitcoin), it's ALL the same!

Drip and drip...

What kind of cards do you have now? Are you mining bitcoin or does it automatically convert any other currencies?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

What do you mean by 7 GPUs - are there 7 cards? If so, how do they connect to one CPU? And how much did it all cost? What about noise, did you run it all at home?

Can you tell more details please, because only theorists around))

Hi!

7 GPU is really 7 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition graphics cards

All equipment is a single computer with the ability to connect up to 13 video cards

Cost

But because of the increasing dollar it's going to cost more

Hardware

Intel card is used to connect the monitor (it is built into the motherboard)

The investment is quite large, as well as great losses on the withdrawal of funds, but I proceeded from the fact that I buy

not for one month but for several years. For electricity I pay 1.67 roubles. (My neighbour is disabled and pays half price).

Since the cards are premium, the noise from them is a bit more than from an ordinary computer.

You can connect 5 NVidia cards + 8 AMD or 7 NVIDIA cards (no more) to this motherboard (ASRock H110 Pro BTC+) at the same time.

But it's better to make a mix (5NVIDIA + 3 AMD) the most reasonable solution according to price-performance criterion,

Because NVidia bring ~$3 per day and AMD (on CryptoNigth algorithm) ~$4 per day (bring less than NVidia on other algorithms).

Algorithm betting is changing, so you need a mix of video cards to make the income stavily high.

Nothing overclocked because I want to earn for a long time.

Payback period ~ 362 days, the second year earning ~ 40% per annum in dollars, on the 3rd year ~ 75% per annum in dollars.

I am in the process of verification in HKEx, to convert my Bitcoins to USD right away

into my bank account (https://www.bitfinex.com/).

All figures, in calculations, as of today.

Added

I mine now on NiceHash, because it is the most advanced service + their program

Automatically switches algorithms (to the most profitable).

Bitfinex
  • www.bitfinex.com
The largest and most advanced cryptocurrencies exchange