Do customers need a simple programming language built in? - page 9

I got banned for using Clip Tooth No. There's got to be another way. Is this thread still alive? I was gonna knock on STARIJ's door.

Zvezdochet:
I got banned for using Clip Toe No. There's got to be some other way. Is this thread still alive? I was gonna knock on STARIJ's door.

What do you want? Got a good strategic idea for?

Vadim Zotov:

The idea of upgrading programming languages is relevant, and most likely practically feasible. Remember how the first microprocessor-based devices were programmed. Then came Assembler, and afterwards many high-level languages (Basic, Fortran, C...). At each stage, the goal is to simplify the process of interaction between users and technical devices. And these goals have been successfully achieved. Obviously, it is now time to further deepen and improve what has been achieved. Many more or less successful attempts to hide the coding process under clear and easily accessible tools can be seen in almost all modern software. For example, Excel or Powerpoint templates, Access macros, Matlab Simulink visual programming, etc. These tools essentially allow users, far from programming, to solve tasks that previously simply could not be solved without programmers. And this is a very good thing. The field of trading is likely to be no exception. Sooner or later, there will be a transition from programming in MQL to other, simpler and clearer ways of implementing algorithms. So efforts in this direction can only be welcomed. I wish Alexey success in solving this issue. Even the formulation of the question (very professional, by the way) is already a great contribution to the solution of this very difficult but important task.

I completely agree with you.

But let's imagine that we are in the future, where people have long invented a new method of programming available to absolutely everyone. It is a hybrid of drawing, making schemes and writing conditions in a simple human language. Suppose they had a fantastic compiler that could easily translate any text (even filled with literary images and metaphors) and convert it into pure program code. Suppose that in this future, syntax, rules, order became unimportant. A super-intelligent computer could filter the meaning out of any verbal "mud" and graphic smears.

And this is what algotrading would have been like at that time?

Freelancing would of course have existed. Why? Because people, dumbed down by lightness, would have been too lazy to come up with their own strategies. The market would have existed - it would have been easier to buy someone else's idea than to type it up, talk it through or even think it through yourself. Some would be unhappy about the difficulty of holding a mouse or typing on a keyboard. Others would complain that there's no technical support for writing graphic ideas which describe ideas that break up in the head, and because of this, many 'valuable' ideas are lost before the author has even had a chance to scribble them.

What would these people be striving for? What kind of relief would they still lack?

Whether or not to go down this path is a question that is not in front of us. We will inevitably follow this path, because this is the essence of technical progress. Whether we like it or not, a simplified language with the capabilities of a complete language will be created sooner or later. Those who will create it will grow and develop, realising their potential, and those who will use it will become dull and degrade because ease of use prevents them from straining and activating their abilities.

STARIJ:

What do you need? Got a good strategic idea for?

Not .... how to decipher and figure out the EA settings . Not now. Later. ....... can't make it to bed. .......22 .30 going home.

I don't get it - how much more simple stuff do you need?

Well, if you don't want to - don't use all these classes-objects and other tricks. The rest is at Basic level, accessible even to 5th-6th graders. It's as simple as it gets).

Small indentation... it's just that the trend is such that MQLs are evolving from simple to unnecessary...

you can take offence at us, but sensing a trend is our professional thing...