Do customers need a simple programming language built in? - page 4

Slava:

For God's sake. Get into that niche sooner rather than later. But get ready to support non-programmer users.

So that's what I understand this thread is about... All suggestions and requests to the topic-starter...

Personally, I agree with the opinion that nobody needs a "simple programming language". People who are at least somewhat capable of understanding programming - they will learn a "complex" language quickly enough. And those who want "a royal path in geometry" will find a shitload of problems in a "simple language".

P.S.

I didn't catch MQL II.

I was at the very beginning of MQL5 and, as I'm experienced in C++, I started trying to use it right away, although MQL4 didn't support OOP back then. As time showed, I was right.

The idea of upgrading programming languages is relevant, and most likely feasible. Remember how the first microprocessor devices were programmed. Then came Assembler, and after that a multitude of high-level languages (Basic, Fortran, C...). At each stage, the goal is to simplify the process of interaction between users and technical devices. And these goals have been successfully achieved. Obviously, it is now time to further deepen and improve what has been achieved. Many more or less successful attempts to hide the coding process under clear and easily accessible tools can be seen in almost all modern software. For example, Excel or Powerpoint templates, Access macros, Matlab Simulink visual programming, etc. These tools essentially allow users, far from programming, to solve tasks that previously simply could not be solved without programmers. And this is a very good thing. The field of trading is likely to be no exception. Sooner or later, there will be a transition from programming in MQL to other, simpler and clearer ways of implementing algorithms. So efforts in this direction can only be welcomed. I wish Alexey success in solving this question. Even the formulation of the question (very professional, by the way) is already a great contribution to the solution of this very difficult but important task.

Serqey Nikitin:

That, as I understand it, is what this topic is about... All suggestions and requests to the topic-starter...

Err, I wrote about a very simple way to give the user a primitive automation tool, but then, as usual, the conversation evolved towards the creation of a new language )).

I'll describe the situation with the help of example. We have a trading panel, like those clones that flood Market. As a rule, they allow you to do the simplest things.

And now let us imagine that in the panel we may set conditions, e.g. selection of strategy depending on market conditions.

For example, we have crossed the lower limit of the channel. Is it a breakout or a false-break? We do not know, and we do not have time to sit in front of the monitor, we have some business to run.

Ok, we put a condition that if the slope of price changes exceeds the specified threshold and the price has fallen below the value *.*****, we switch the mode of trade to sell. If the slope is positive and the price rises within the channel limits up to *.*****, we switch on the mode of trading in the channel.

This is a very approximate description. We should not invent any language, an average user will not study it, or, as rightly pointed out by Slava, he will have much troubles with the support. You have to focus on the dumbest user, and there are a lot of them. I've met so many people who don't understand how the file system works and where programs are installed... and for them the world of the computer is limited to icons on the desktop. That's the kind of person we should be targeting.

George Merts:

People who are at least somewhat capable of understanding programming - they will learn a "complex" language quickly enough. But those who want "a royal path in geometry" will find a lot of problems in a "simple language".

Exactly. You couldn't have said it better.

Serqey Nikitin:

This is the excuse of those who don't want to change anything... It's very EASY to take as axiomatic a thing you don't want to fix...

You just look at everything from your own bell tower.

There are two types of users.

The former include 90-99% of everyone, they are too lazy to make three mouse clicks instead of two. The rest, those who might be interested in such language, are quite capable to understand mql5 as well.

Комбинатор:

You just look at everything from your own bell tower.

There are two types of users.

The first type includes 90-99% of all users, they are too lazy to make three mouse clicks instead of two. The rest, those who might be interested in such language, are quite able to understand mql5.

How does switching to mql5 help? Is it easier to write in mql5? Is there less code?

igrok333:

And what is the benefit of switching to mql5? is it easier to write in it? is there less code?

ok, to mql4. is that ok?

here is a trade opening in mql4
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.01,Ask,30,0,0)
one line.

here is a trade opening on mql5
   MqlTradeRequest request;
   MqlTradeResult result;

Ask=SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_ASK); 

request.action=TRADE_ACTION_DEAL;
   request.symbol=Symbol();
   request.volume=Lot;
   request.deviation=Slip;
   request.type_filling=ORDER_FILLING_AON;
   request.sl=SL;
   request.tp=TP;
   request.type=ORDER_TYPE_BUY;
   request.price=NormalizeDouble(Ask,Digits());
   OrderSend(request,result);  
13 lines.

In normal programming languages, an oop is triggered when nothing can be done by normal methods, but here - opening a transaction is the easiest operation in trading.
Isn't it a lame programming language?

igrok333:
here's opening a trade in mql4
one line.

here's opening a trade in mql5
13 lines.

In normal programming languages, an op is triggered when nothing can be done by normal methods, but here - opening a transaction is the easiest operation in trading.
Isn't it a lame programming language?

This thing will give you back the joy of life, it couldn't be simpler ))