Who trades on levels share their experiences - page 51

Vitaly Muzichenko:

There are some candlestick formations such as price approach to the level, false breakdowns, by the way, we can clearly see where it will be a false one and where it will be a true one.

So in this situation the price made several breakout attempts, it can be seen on the small timeframe, the candlesticks were formed obviously not by a breakout - the range was big and there was no price sneaking up to the level, but impudent attempts to reach it - most often they failed.

And as I wrote earlier, build levels not by shadows but by their bodies

+++

Sergey Lazarenko:

I once wrote a video to an investor and there was a condition that every transaction had to be described, which was another reason to break up with him. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the video.

So, I bought and sold pairs with the pound, I could trade cross, but it was safer to enter on two pairs - could work hedging in case of unsuccessful entry.

Again, the system was based on levels and candlestick patterns on them.

That's it, the GBPAUD trade is closed.

By the way:

Open the most traded pairs in the terminal to see the overall picture of the market.

I have it like this, you can type differently. Don't look at the indicators, they are not involved in decision making at all, they are test indicators.

When something goes up and something goes down, you can almost always see where the money is going and what it is going into, it adds to the overall picture of what to trade in the near future. If there is movement, but you can't see where the money is flowing to, then look for it on the fund, it may go either there or from there.

Watch the news calendar for the whole week, it will tell you what is the most profitable to trade that week and where

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I have studied the levels and the price behaviour around them statistically. I can't say that it's a last resort, but I have identified the following features.

Yes levels exist, in the sense that price sticks to them. But further movement depends more on the trend than on the levels. The price may cross it and not go further. It might go straight on, or it might go a few taps. It's almost 50/50. Still, there are some regularities, but they are not on the surface. And you can't get them that easily. Such omens as breakdown, false breakdown, touchdown work and then do not work. Everything is complicated.

I have a feeling (also because of statistical studies) that levels are less important than the distance travelled by the price, for example.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

By the way:

Open the most traded pairs in the terminal to see the overall picture on the market.

I have it like this, you can type differently. Don't look at the indicators, they are not involved in decision making at all, they are test indicators.

When something goes up and something goes down, you can almost always see where the money is going and what it is going into, it adds to the overall picture of what to trade in the near future. If there is movement, but you can't see where the money is flowing to, then look for it on the fund, it can go either there or from there.

Watch the news calendar for the whole week, it will tell you what is the most profitable to trade that week and where

Porridge alone and you have to sit for 24 hours, who has that much time?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

By the way:

Open the most traded pairs in the terminal to see the overall picture on the market.

When something goes up and something goes down, you can almost always see where the money is going and what it is going into, it adds to the overall picture of what to trade in the near future. If there is movement, but you can't see where the money is flowing to, then look for it on the fund, it may go either there or from there.

Look at the news calendar for the whole week, it will tell you what is the most profitable to trade this week and where.

You should give some comments then, how everything happens, so that you get the idea, what is expected right now?

Sergey Lazarenko:

You should give comments on how things are going so that the idea is clear, what is expected now?

Nothing yet, until the market calms down.

Look for a long entry point in gold so as not to be idle.

P.S. Open America, look at the papers, there may be some interesting shorts there

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Nothing yet, until the market calms down.

Look for a long entry point in gold to avoid idle time.

Hmmm, why a long in Gold? Didn't yesterday's drop stop the rise?

Sergey Lazarenko:

Hmmm, why is Gold long? Didn't yesterday's drop stop the rise?

No.

---

Sergei, sorry of course, this is from personal correspondence - I will stick to it this year. Not superstitious, but better to be on the safe side.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

No.

---

Sergei, sorry of course, it's from personal correspondence - I'll stick to it this year. Not superstitious, but better safe than sorry.

Got it