Who trades on levels share their experiences - page 77

Oleg Besedin:

Each currency pair has its own agreed movement corridor (echelon). The distance between the upper and lower limit of the echelon is 2250 pips.

I see. I observe slightly different figures. If you draw lines on the tick chart that are multiples of 50 pips in five digits (0.70000, 0.70050, 0.70100), you can see that price reacts to each of the lines. The maximum reaction on lines multiple of 250 points (0.70000, 0.70250, 0.70500). Reaction is stumbling, rapid movement or another common occurrence - level mashing.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Have you all reread The Queen of Spades?
What for? Old stuff

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I see. I observe slightly different figures. If you draw lines in multiples of 50 pips on a tick chart (0.70000, 0.70050, 0.70100), you will see that price reacts to each of the lines. The maximum reaction on lines multiple of 250 points (0.70000, 0.70250, 0.70500). Reaction is stumbling, rapid movement or another frequent occurrence - level mashing.

Interesting approach to finding entry points .....

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Everyone reread The Queen of Spades?

Sounds like something to reread :)

Oleg Besedin:

So far I can say (still at the beginning of my research) that these are precisely interrelated and not randomly chosen numbers:

Each currency pair has its own agreed movement corridor (echelon). The distance between the upper and lower limit of an echelon is 2250 pips.
The echelon is divided into 10 parts of 225 pips (which are further divided into
different parts:37.5, 75, 112.5, 150, 187.5).

2250 pips - global movement figure
225 - intraday

Intraday (225 is divided into parts by 2, by 3, by 4, etc.etc.):

P.S. There is evena closure of the numbers to each other, for example, intra-hour figure 37.5 multiplied by 60 minutes (1 hour) = 2250

Interesting observations. If you cast a grid (Ctrl+G) on the chart, you can also see some patterns of price movements in squares. And if you measure the height of the square in pips, you can see that some parts of the numerical series mentioned by you Oleg are present there (in some approximation).

Aleksandr Milyayev:

Interesting observations. If you put a grid (Ctrl+G) on the chart, you can also see some regularities of price movement along the squares. And by measuring the height of the square in pips you can see that some parts of the numerical series you mentioned above, Oleg, are present there (to some approximation).

Just look at the major currencies (EURUSD, GBPUSD, etc.)

If you correctly find the levels for each, you can see a lot of interesting things. I'm doing this research full-time now.
There is a margin of error - everyone has a different broker and the quotes are different. There may be discrepancies, but for the sake of interest, try the following levels (from them, draw levels on the chart):

GBPUSD 1.36330
EURUSD 1.18093
EURGBP 0.86189
NZDUSD 0.69423

First, draw 225 pips and then you can divide by the above numbers in the posts smaller.

Aleksei Stepanenko #:

Oleg, why 225, what is the number?

250(225) , 500, 1000 ... these are round levels. More precisely, the step between round levels, theoretically this is an ideal entry point, but in practice most often the entry point is formed in the vicinity of round levels.