Who trades on levels share their experiences - page 50

Sergey Lazarenko:

That's what he says, now diseases are attacking him.

Not in this case, but in general:

Any excuse that a person knows how to take money from the market but doesn't want to/can't look convincing.

And then there's the tuition fee, which is a red flag altogether.

Sergei, no offence.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I bought, more prone to rebound in this situation than to breakout and further decline

P.S. Statistically, I have ~70% of my trades going to breakout. This is the case when I am more inclined to pushback

what was the reason for the rebound?

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Not as applied to this case, but in general:

Any excuse that a person knows how to take money from the market but is unwilling/unable to do so does not look convincing.

And then there are the tuition fees, which is a red flag.

Sergei, no offence.

No offence taken? None taken, I was just stating his position. Everyone takes it differently. And the tuition thing. He had such a dream, not to be responsible for anything, and have the money, he fulfills it. I personally do not care. What is interesting, he develops trading techniques from levels, I have not met anyone deep into this subject. The americans described it as Linda raschke, but not in great detail.

Sergey Lazarenko:

and what were the grounds for the rebound?

Sergei, it's hard to put the thought into words. I've been trading them since 2015, as if there is some practice

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Sergei, it's hard to put the thought into words. I've been trading them since 2015, so I've had some practice

So tell me why you have decided that it will not work? in your own words, describe it, that's all

at 13:00 Moscow time Eurozone Retail Sales, so it's shaking out

I have studied the levels and the price behaviour around them statistically. I can't say that it's a last resort, but I have identified the following features.

Yes levels exist, in the sense that price sticks to them. But further movement depends more on the trend than on the levels. The price may cross it and not go further. It might go straight on, or it might go a few taps. It's almost 50/50. Still, there are some regularities, but they are not on the surface. And you can't get them that easily. Such omens as breakdown, false breakdown, touchdown work and then do not work. It's complicated.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Sergei, it's hard to put the thought into words. I have been trading them since 2015, so I have some practice

For my part, the approaches to the level were too abrupt, on long, sharp candles; if we had a smoother approach on smaller candles, it would have been more reliable, and we were shooting at the level from afar

Sergey Lazarenko:

So tell me, why do you think it won't work? In your own words, describe it, that's all.

There are some candlestick formations such as price approach to the level, false-breaks, by the way, we can clearly see where it is a false one and where it is a true one.

So in this situation the price made several breakout attempts, it can be seen on the small timeframe, the candlesticks were formed clearly not to breakout - the range was big and wide, there was no price sneaking up to the level, but impudent attempts to take it, such a failure was more often than not.

And as I wrote before, build levels not by shadows, but by their bodies

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I have studied the levels and the price behaviour around them statistically. I can't say that it's a last resort, but I have identified the following features.

Yes levels exist, in the sense that price sticks to them. But further movement depends more on the trend than on the levels. The price may cross it and not go further. It might go straight on, or it might go a few taps. It's almost 50/50. Still, there are some regularities, but they are not on the surface. And you can't get them that easily. Such omens as breakdown, false breakdown, touchdown work and then do not work. It's complicated.

Yes, the same goes for the others, 50/50, hence the continuation, one can raise from the level only with MM, by taking big risk/profit, if one follows the trend from the level, 50/50 is the chance to win, if one does, the move will probably be long and one can rise only with MM.