Congratulations to new forum moderator Artyom Trishkin - page 4

Artyom Trishkin:
When I need it, I'll try it. But otherwise, there's no point in wasting ammunition.

How the people of the forum are used to being banned:

I join in congratulations! A worthy one indeed, in every respect. Glad to be noticed. Good luck!

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Artem, if you will use the standard library in your explanations unnecessarily and without measure, I will vote for removal of you from moderators.

p.s. That's actually my only additional request.

Artem, if you use the Standard Library in your explanations, I'll support you and vote against your removal as a moderator.

trader781:

Knowing the kind of man he is, just congratulations.

Hooray!!! happy too

There has been no transfer of authority for moderators. Another moderator has appeared. That is, there used to be one degree of regulation, now it will become even stricter, no matter how great the moderator is. I.e. if in someone's opinion someone has been unfairly banned, there is no way the new moderator will be able to resolve such situations. Or is there something I don't understand?

fxsaber:
There has been no transfer of authority for moderators. Another moderator has appeared. I.e. before there was one degree of regulation, now it will become even stricter, no matter how great the moderator is. I.e. if in someone's opinion someone has been unfairly banned, there is no way the new moderator will be able to resolve such situations. Or is there something I don't understand?
Yes, it can, because there is no chain of command among moderators and many controversial issues are resolved by them collegially.

The fact that Artem became a moderator is a good thing.

Sergey Golubev:
It can, because there is no chain of command among moderators and many points of contention are decided by them collegially.
It is not a good precedent to overturn a moderator's decision, even if the moderator has overreacted.

fxsaber:
It is not a good precedent to overturn a moderator's decision, even if the moderator is being flippant.
What if he's not being flippant, but just settling a score? Or he just doesn't like his code being criticized? Or just an arrogant...

fxsaber:
Canceling a moderator's decision is not a good precedent, even if the moderator got off on the wrong foot.
That's fine. Admins can override a moderator's decision (also collegially).
But I want to stress once again, many things are decided by moderators collegially, sometimes with the involvement of admins.

I don't remember any cases when we used to ban active users in the English section, and I don't think we have ever banned anyone in a few months.
But if the violation is not controversial, and the ban is for one day, then there is one case.
If it is proposed to ban multiple users (I mean those who are "on topic", like "their") and for a significant period of time, then no moderator will take such responsibility (control over moderators by admins also exists).

I, for one, am in favour of leniency in moderation (as are all moderators in the English section) ... I won't develop the topic further ...

-------------

Let's not talk about bans, otherwise Artem will have to clear this thread of floods (including mine).
:)

Since when is it allowed to discuss the actions of moderators?