Congratulations to new forum moderator Artyom Trishkin - page 5

Vladimir Zubov:
Since when is it allowed to discuss the actions of moderators ?
The actions of moderators (in the sense of a particular moderator's action) have not been discussed yet (or at all).

Vladimir Zubov:
Since when is it allowed to discuss the actions of moderators?
It depends on what constitutes moderator action. That's first of all. Secondly, public discussion is forbidden.

Everyone knows a moderator is a kind of god, but there have been cases where the decisions of a moderator have been overturned after an appeal to the service desk!
It turned out there were more powerful, more influential forces at work. After this, the belief in "God" was shaken thoroughly and the belief in more powerful and just forces strengthened.
In terms of IT technology, a moderator is a kind of external FireWall in front of the wild Internet, and a service desk is a kind of kernel of an operating system.

Congratulations,

I hope all actions are adequate and lawful.

Just hypothetically sketching out the situation.

Here's someone taking over and deleting posts because the code in them didn't match their vision of what was right.

How is the new moderator able to prevent such situations?

I mean, I don't see how you can get excited about a new moderator if the transfer of authority hasn't happened.

The more moderators, the greater the regulation. Isn't that the case?

Vladimir Zubov:
Since when is discussing the actions of moderators allowed?

And which moderator's actions are being discussed here? Let's send everyone to Mars... Mmm... Collegially

Sergey Golubev:
He will be able to, because there is no subordination among moderators, and many controversial things are solved by them collegially.

The fact that Artem has become a moderator is a good thing.

Thank you.

Sergey Golubev:

-------------

Let's not talk about bans or Artem will have to clear this thread of floods (including mine).

:)

What's not flooding here? People express their opinions here - it's not flooding... So... to chat and disperse...

Artyom Trishkin:

What's not flooding here? It's people expressing their opinions - opinion is not flooding... It's just... ...chatting and running around...

That's right -- the word "flood" has been abused on this forum lately -- fundamentally changing (or not understanding) its meaning.

Flood -- untopic posts in Internet forums and chat rooms, often in large volumes.[https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Флуд]

If the term 'flood' were to be applied as it has been lately -- then the entire forum should be purged and all participants banned, including self-bans by moderators, administrators and servicedesk.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

That's right -- the word "flood" has been abused on the forum lately -- fundamentally changing (or not understanding) its meaning.

Flood (from the mispronounced flood) means untargeted messages in Internet forums and chat rooms, often in large volumes.[https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Флуд]

If the term 'flood' were to be applied as it has been lately -- then the entire forum should be purged and all participants banned, including self-bans by moderators, administrators and servicedesk.

Better to make a global amnesty and unban everyone.

fxsaber:

Just hypothetically sketching out the situation.

Here's someone taking over and deleting posts because the code in them didn't match their vision of what was right.

How is the new moderator able to prevent such situations?

I mean, I don't see how you can get excited about a new moderator if the transfer of authority hasn't happened.

The more moderators, the greater the regulation. Isn't that the case?

1. There is no way a moderator can prevent. No one can prevent what hasn't happened yet.

2. No need to get excited - a new moderator is not new shoes.

3 If you were hypothetically banned unfairly or if, for example, the length of time you were banned seems inappropriate, hypothetically there is one more person who would be able to put in a good word for you. Hypothetically you have one more chance of getting amnestied. These are all hypotheticals.

The reality is that the new moderator isn't going to regulate anyone under the bench :) It's all fair and square.