Goodbye robot - hello marasmus - page 16

Andrei01:

The cost of the question of replicating MetaTrader 4/MetaTrader 5 functionality from scratch with Open Source software, including the server part, is about $300K if you work with a competent designer and manager.

The fact is that the "Open Source software" is mostly of such low quality that I suspect it is no match for MT4/MT5.

Therefore high quality is only achievable when, as a whole, written from scratch. However, writing from scratch alone is not enough.

s
impleton:<br / translate="no">.

Karl Marx already deduced that the purpose of business is not to create a socially useful product. The sole purpose of business is to make as much profit as possible. The profit margin, in general, determines how criminal the practices of a particular business will be. In particular, at a profit margin of 300% "there is no crime that a capitalist would not commit, even on pain of the gallows". Since the rate of profit, in general, is not restricted by law or otherwise, it is easy to guess that the methods of achieving business objectives are criminal to some degree or another. There is also a corollary: business is able to destroy everything it touches....

Also Marx was a terrible Russophobe. And so was Engels.

paukas:
Also, Marx was a horrible Russophobe. So was Engels.
No, they were not afraid of Russians, they despised Russians, they considered them inferior.

For information, clang last as well as intel compiler merrily crash with trivial internal compiler errors on our usual projects. I checked it yesterday. So no need to talk about quality.

We can complain about our compiler but it is entirely our development and we naturally pick up all the pitfalls in compiler development. They have been writing Gcc/clang/etc for many decades too, and are not ashamed to take/see code of previous projects.

I don't want to teach anyone, but almost everything people think about the software business is complete and unrestrained nonsense regardless of what the person thinks of himself or how much money he has.

I was very disappointed in MQL5 because of the lack of backward compatibility with MQL4 functions, not to mention the trading model - netting. It is exactly the lack of MQL4 functions and syntax. Classes are good, that's great!

But trading functions are horrible and those endless xxxGetDouble, xxxGetInteger.

Only xxxGetDouble and xxxGetInteger are saved by

#include <mql4.mqh>

evillive:
No, they were not afraid of Russians, they despised Russians, they considered them inferior.
This is a troll. When you ask him what his remark has to do with the topic/thought being discussed, he simply does not answer.

Renat:

For information, clang last as well as intel compiler merrily crash with trivial internal compiler errors on our usual projects. I checked it yesterday. So no need to talk about quality.

We can complain about our compiler but it is entirely our development and we naturally pick up all the pitfalls in compiler development. They have been writing Gcc/clang/etc for many decades too, and are not ashamed to take/see code of previous projects.

I don't want to teach anyone, but almost everything that people think about the software business is complete and unbridled nonsense regardless of what the person thinks of himself or how much money he has.

Yes, calling an internal compiler error for clang is not an impossible task, I've encountered it many times. But at least it works for the rest.

And MQL4++ instead of internal compiler error often simply does not work - its main functionality is not implemented or is implemented incorrectly, and even in the simplest cases. And it fails much more often than internal compiler error in clang itself, although clang implements a much more complex "subset" of C++ than MQL4++. So it is the quality that we should be talking about.

Your compiler is a reworking of a subset of C++. Meanwhile, which subset should be taken, its scope and how it should be reworked, is entirely up to you to determine. The subset taken apparently turned out to be too large for the development team.

There are famous success stories in the software business - Microsoft, for example. The number and seriousness of the crimes committed for doing business by this company was chosen so well that, as a result, they managed to eliminate/buy up the competitors in the right fields and sectors of industry and secure a monopoly position for themselves, avoiding also the division of the company according to the antitrust laws. Sometimes the company was on the brink of a foul during this process.

Business is inherently anti-human and it even enslaves its owners. The interests of business very often conflict with the interests of users, including the quality of the product, because, in the interests of business, one must do at least the quickest and earliest. And this is still the most innocuous business interest...

But the quality of your products, in my feeling, is lower than that of Microsoft's. And you treat your users worse than Microsoft treats its users, although, again, in the last six months you've had positive shifts for the better, according to my feeling. However, I believe that this phenomenon is also subordinated to business interests as you understand them, it's just that at the moment the interests are such that this particular shift is needed.

Renat:

Here is a fresh confirmation concerning the quality of the MQL4++ compiler. Again the MQL4++ compiler fails to work in the simplest basic things. Fact.

Does even one of C++ compilers you are scolding and not scolding have such access control errors, well, even one?

The conclusion is obvious: it is the quality of the MQL4++ compiler that should be discussed.

simpleton:

Here is a fresh confirmation concerning the quality of the MQL4++ compiler. Again the MQL4++ compiler fails to work in the simplest basic things. Fact.

Do any of the C++ compilers you are scolding and not scolding have such access control errors, well, even one?

The conclusion is obvious: it is the quality of the MQL4++ compiler that should be discussed.

Of course, we must speak about quality (set of properties) of MQL, and not of C. And certainly not about their comparison - C is a technological platform for MQL. The purpose of creation is different.

tara:
Of course, we should talk about the quality (set of properties) of MQL, not C. C is a technological platform for MQL. The purpose of creation is different.

Let's quote the approach/intent of MetaQuotes' management (especially the last phrase):

Renat:
We have a good explanation - "this is not a C++ language, but a specialized MQL4/MQL5 language. Therefore, we are not obliged to support everything". But in any case, the behaviour will be reduced to familiar C/C++ as much as possible.

Therefore, your idea expressed by your own phrase "And certainly not about comparing them" cannot be called successful.