Goodbye robot - hello marasmus - page 14

AlexeyVik:

I ran into a problem yesterday because of increased trade flows, should I also shout to get one trade flow back???

Come on!!!

artmedia70:
Come on!!!

Hi Artyom. How do you understand your line?

AlexeyVik:

Hi Artyom. How do you understand your line?

Hi. Don't mind me. It's something like "Get started!!!" ;)

artmedia70:
Hi. Don't mind me. It's something like "Get started!!!" ;)
I'm too lazy. ;)

AlexeyVik:
TheXpert:

Zhunko:

tara:

There is no need to quarrel. My remark was not to programmers, which you are, but to those who, instead of correcting their own errors or inconsistencies in their code, and sometimes someone else's decompiled, rant and rave on the forum with curses of innovations. And those who from the codes of other people's functions fold the same shit code in freelance for 20-30 money.

Really, why indeed?) It was a shitnote to me. Way to go. Read me like an open book.) Except I haven't been tearing and swearing for a while now, I've done my bit here....

I was just making a joke. I didn't put in a smiley face.

Renat:
We have a good explanation - "this is not C++ language, but specialized MQL4/MQL5 language. Therefore, we are not obliged to support everything". But in any case, the behaviour will be reduced to familiar C/C++ as much as possible.

We've rewritten five trading platforms from scratch 5 times in the last 14 years.

That's a better way to create something really cool than to load up the old donkey with jaw-dropping bricks. That's why both the release of MT5 and the new MQL5 have given us a huge future for another 10 years to come.

However, those who sit and hammer away at an old project thinking "let the birdie in the hand, the main thing is not to get fired if I start a new project and fail" lose respect of the management, they become impotent and slowly leave the stage.

MQL4/MQL5 and MT4/5 are essentially a C-like compiler and runtime for it. And this task is absolutely standard and has been solved many times in various C compilers since prehistoric times.

What does rewriting this code many times over for decades, much less from scratch, throwing out all the previous code and all the work done before?

Maybe a professional designer/consultant should be involved in this project so that we don't have to rewrite everything from scratch again and so that most of the code is preserved as the project develops further?

Zhunko:
I was just making a joke. Didn't put a smiley face in.
Neither did I. Putting it in :)

Andrei01:

MQL4/MQL5 and MT4/5 are essentially C-like compiler and runtime for it. This is an absolutely standard task which has been solved many times in various C compilers since prehistoric times.

What then does rewriting this code multiple times over decades, much less from scratch, throwing away all the previous code and all the work done before?

Maybe you should engage a professional designer/consultant for this project so that you don't have to rewrite everything from scratch again and so that most of the code is preserved as the project develops further?

It's not about what MQL is like, it's about what tasks it solves and how effectively.

Andrei01:

What, then, does multiple rewrites of this code over decades, much less from scratch, scrapping all the previous code and all the work previously done?

Go ahead and rewrite MetaTrader 4/MetaTrader 5. After all, this is "a perfectly standard task, which has been solved many times over a long time ago".

Unfortunately, anyone who tries to implement it loses tens of millions of dollars and goes bankrupt. I've counted 2 companies that have stated such explicit/clear goals and gone bankrupt cleanly. There are also a number of companies which did not set 100% targets but died anyway.

I also recommend you to consider C++ compilers which are completely extinct on the Windows platform. And no gcc/slang/intel is able to present even a slightest chance of competing with MSVC. Apparently, no one is able to implement a completely standard compiler.