What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 10

Renat:

You are wrong for many reasons. Your proposal would not have shot out.

Have you tried shooting like this?! :)))

TarasBY:
Have you tried shooting like this?! :)))
Have you ?

won't the old scripts stop working?

faa1947:

Suggestions.

You want to "attach a part of an aeroplane to a steamer"... ;)

Renat:
We haven't thought about a debugger yet, but a profiler is more likely.
We need a debugger, we really need one.
Renat:
The editor will be unified, taken from MT5. It will simply become MetaEditor without numbers. And there will be one compiler for two languages.
I don't get it here. If the editor is single, how can it be without a debugger?

transcendreamer:
won't the old scripts stop working?

I've noticed that EAs compiled in the 509 build do not work when used in builds below 509, or rather the terminal deletes them by itself ....The source code is not available, only the executable file...

TheXpert:
I'm all for it. Anything, just don't touch the hst file work!

I agree. We don't need such a "mess" with the history in MT4.

VOLDEMAR:

I've noticed that EAs compiled in the 509 build do not work when used in builds below 509, or rather the terminal deletes them by itself ....The source code is not present, only the executable file...

This, at least, can be survived

you cannot survive if the broker's terminal is updated one day and none of the scripts run

or if, for example, the new compiler will require changing the code of an old script to compile it

I have one question for Renat: won't it turn out that you "unscrew" mt4 and some of the indices will stop working, I mean the honest ones, not the stolen ones. To be honest, I am afraid of such global changes, no sooner have you improved mt4 than you will get a new batch of bugs to fix for a hundred builds ahead.

Of course we retain full compatibility of the old code.