Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1171

Dmitry Shumaev:
How to Find Signals Buyers Faster?

Successful traders are not looking for signal buyers ...

on the contrary - investors are looking for them ...

And 5 years or 25 - that's not the variable to measure a trader ...

Hello! Can you tell me why I can't download free EAs and indicators? It says "Do I have a terminal?" I press yes - and that's the end of it, no download. ??

Can anyone give a good example of a trend-tracking system?

MisterBond:

Hello! Can you tell me why I can't download free EAs and indicators? It says "Do I have a terminal?" I press yes - and that's the end of it, no download. ??

Check in the navigator in Expert Advisors and indicators if folders market appeared . Maybe you have installed the terminal many times and the result is different. In which folder do you look? Have you tried to use /portable key?

MisterBond:

You have to download in the terminal.

I'm asking for help from the forum members...

There is a string str="4257".

The second character is a value to select the corresponding filter.
It is checked in the swith statement and the corresponding case is executed ...
We get the second character from the string str=StringGetCharacter(str,1), but in this case we get the code of the ushort character.
Now we need to get a string from it: secondsymb=ShortToString(StringGetCharacter(str,1)), we get "2" of type string,
and only then you can get an integer value: int secondsymb=StrToInteger(ShortToString(StringGetCharacter(str,1))).
It's kinda ugly, maybe there's a simpler way ?

MikeZv:

Please help the forum members...

There is a string str="4257".

The second character is the value to select the appropriate filter.
It is checked in the swith operator and the corresponding case is executed ...To get the second character from the string, we need to get the symbol code: str=StringGetCharacter(str,2)

It cannot be converted into an integer immediately, you must first obtain a string from it: secondsymb=ShortToString(StringGetCharacter(strflt,iPrm)),
and ith

StringSubstr

Документация по MQL5: Строковые функции / StringSubstr
Документация по MQL5: Строковые функции / StringSubstr
  • www.mql5.com
Строковые функции / StringSubstr - справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Vitaly Muzichenko:

StringSubstr

Vitaly, thanks for the answer, i.e. replace two internal functions with one:int secondsymb=StrToInteger(StringSubstr(str,1,1)) ?
In general, please advise, when processing strings containing only digits (filter types, etc.) is it worth to bring these digits to integers or to use single characters in swith-case ?

MikeZv:

Vitaly, thank you for your answer, i.e. replace two internal functions with one:int secondsymb=StrToInteger(StringSubstr(str,1,1)) ?
In general, when processing strings that contain only digits (filter types, etc.), is it worth using single digits to integer numbers or in swith-case to use single characters ?

Read

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Приведение типов
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных / Приведение типов
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Типы данных / Приведение типов - справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Read

Thanks for the reply. :)