Absolute courses - page 16

grell:

It makes more sense to use an opener

Always amazed at people voluntarily choosing to receive data with a 5 minute delay on nothing.

Alexei(alsu), you are as fair as ever! It's not the first "doctor" to try to cure everyone! And it may very well be him, the banned-rebanned one!

Joperniiteatr:

So we have ED EY's claws and DY's cross built on the claws of the Euroena and the Dolaorena.
Exactly. The pictures in the archive contain the entire original data set.

Dr.F.:

Always amazed at people who voluntarily choose to get data with a 5 minute delay on nothing.

I'll bet! Don't be naive. There's something more expensive than a five minute delay. Think about it.

Dr.F.:

Good afternoon.

I would like to raise this topic. We know the exchange rates of currency pairs. For example EURUSD, or GBPUSD.

What does it mean - it is a graph of one currency (euro, for example) in relation to some benchmark (another currency, for example, the Fed dollar).

Postulate 1: no currency or currency basket has the right to be a standard, because its value, unlike units of physical units, is not a constant; on the contrary, it is constantly changing.

Thus, we do not see a graph of the EUR itself, but a graph of the RELATION RELATION to a VARIABLE (dollar), and we DO NOT KNOW or understand what is responsible for this or that movement of the EURUSD rate, be it the euro itself or the dollar.

Postulate 2: to build a profitable and stable TS we need to understand the reasons for price changes of the currency pair (in the specific case of the euro we need to understand which changes are due to changes in the euro, and which changes are due to changes in the dollar).

Conclusion 1: it is necessary to build EUR charts not in relation to the dollar or another currency or currency basket, but in relation to what has the right to be a reference, i.e. not to change.

Conclusion 2: The euro can be taken as a benchmark in any bar in the past. And plot the ratio of the euro in the present to itself in a fixed bar in the past. Similarly with all other currencies.

P.S. I would like to see a couple of meaningful comments before I continue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I don't understand something, but there are currency indices, which accurately reflect the behaviour of each currency without reference to any one of the others. And there are many currency index indicators. What advantage can your method give when using the suggested benchmark? By observing the dollar index and euro index in an indicator, we can clearly see "which changes are associated with a change of the euro, and which changes are associated with a change of the dollar. Or do you think that your method would be more accurate?

Dr.F.:
Exactly. The pictures in the archive contain the entire original data set.

Wait for at least an hour, let me think about it, and I'll get happy with it. Don't pay any attention to the rubbish.

Dr.F.:

Now pay attention to the trick.

The assertion is this: if we put D=1, E=ED, Y=1/DY in a bar 12 hours in the past from the end, and try to plot E, D, and Y separately to these initial values in this bar 12 hours in the past from the end, then the changes in E, D, and Y in these 12 hours (144 bars) were so:

In order that all who wish can construct for themselves and be convinced of the following, I give the data columns of these curves:

I forgot to ask) did you end up with what was required? the euro quid and the yen this picture?

khorosh:

Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but there are currency indices that accurately reflect the behaviour of each currency without reference to any one other. And there are many currency index indicators.
Why would the author be interested in this if he has his own brilliantly simple and elegant solution?

alsu:
Author, I see two ways of developing the situation here: 1) You honestly write the missing equation for the E,Y,D relationship that you used and that you think is fulfilled in the market, and accompany it with comments as to WHY it is fulfilled. Otherwise any two of three letters E,Y,D can be any series with any characteristics you want, and the third can be calculated from the original equations. 2) Otherwise we have nothing to discuss, and we can only conclude that the topic is created only to attract attention to ourselves and to increase our personal self-esteem. I am even willing to personally refute ANY of your calculations in this case. I am even prepared to personally refute ANY of your calculations in this case.

Very glad to see the willingness of an adequate person to fight quackery! I shake your hand. So, the raw data is laid out. EURUSD5.txt and EURJPY5.txt, namely, the last 144 bars of both. The task is to take the dollar value as a unit at 144 bars from the end and draw E, D, Y separately.

You propose to take for example as D - any. Any. And calculate E and Y. Reasonable approach, colleague!!! If in a system of three equations only two are independent, no wonder.

Like this for example. Euro - let it be a straight line, and that's what we'll put in the initial bar as the unit. Let the dollar and the yen be calculated from known ratios. Great.

Question: do you think this construction will have any trading value?

My solution DOES NOT REQUIRE THE THIRD EQUATION, and NO PROPOSALS about the nature of the missing relationship.

This will be obvious when we start trading on the charts I will post.

khorosh:

Maybe, I do not understand something, but there are currency indexes, which accurately reflect the behaviour of each currency without regard to any one of them. And there are a lot of currency index indicators.

Neither of these is a ratio of the currency of interest to an INCREDIBLE value. It makes no difference whether you plot it against another currency or against a basket of a hundred currencies. What matters is that they are variables. We take an unchangeable standard. And we plot against it.