Pure maths, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training tasks that have nothing to do with trade [Part 2] - page 11

Mathemat:

Nah, I'd have to deal with that one. I don't get a good feel for what I see yet. But the cycling is a good idea.

In fact, I've got a few more executions. Don't worry, there won't be any.

I had the idea of cycling it last night. I didn't, because it seemed easier with external/internal range.

By the way, they seem to have the right (working) solution too. I can only add that suit coding is not necessary, although you can.

The most transparent (simple to understand workability) solution without suit coding with the first card:

1. Introduce and agree on an order relation between the suits between the magician and the helper.

2. Scramble the order relation (sequence) between all the cards.

3. Introduce a rule for the conjurer when guessing: the sought card is in the widest range between those announced in the deck ring. I.e. the value encoded by permutations of 4 cards is counted from the bottom card of the widest range.

4. We introduce a rule for the helper: when receiving five cards from the spectators (1) find the widest subrange (2) put down the lowest (lowest in the ring, left) card of that subrange. Then that card is guaranteed to fit into a range of 1-24 (or 0-23, when coded from zero).

--

That's it. The solution works, even without coding the suits with the first card, while looking even simpler (mathematically). On the practical (mnemotechnical) side, perhaps the solution with suit coding is somewhat more convenient. But anyway, both solutions work.

For a third (night) solution, historically the first: there are still some doubts, due togreater complexity (less transparency), but it seems to work, too.

--

The way to encode numbers with permutations should of course be worked out and carefully agreed upon between trickster and helper, but its concrete implementation is not important for the mathematical essence of the solution, so this part of the solution can be omitted, if you don't mind.

Cyclicality is genius. It instantly makes the 'distance' between any two cards within 24. Including the four named, of course, as 52-4=48.

Mathemat:
Cyclicality is brilliant. It instantly makes the 'distance' between any two cards within 24. Including the four named, of course, as 52-4=48.

Genius, of course ... What's new?

impractical to code with 4 cards.... suit and 3 cards in the code Better...

tara: Что нового?

For now. I could have put it in humour, but it's probably more appropriate...

I'll throw in some more killer stuff. There's a lot of killer stuff at the Mind Games.

Aleksander:
impractical to code with 4 cards.... suit and 3 cards in the code Better...

Sorry, we don't code anymore.

Aleksander: impractical to code with 4 cards.... suit and 3 cards in the code Better...
I haven't worked out the intricacies of the solution yet. The main thing is the idea of cycling, the rest is trivia.

tara: Sorry, we don't code anymore.
don't be stupid... 4 cards will break your brain remembering the coding :-)

Mathemat:
I haven't worked out the intricacies of the solution yet. The main thing is the idea of cyclicality, the rest is trivial.

Can the helper change the pronunciation of the cards in different representations - like suit first, then denomination, or vice versa - denomination then suit? (then the direction of counting can be told with the first card) ....

Aleksander:
don't be stupid... 4 cards will break your brain to remember the coding :-)
It's not interesting.