Doing interesting things for free - page 21

Vinin:
I've also seen something like this somewhere, even on this forum I think, but I can't find it either.

DmitriyN:
I've also seen something like this somewhere, even on this forum I think, but I can't find it either.

I'm not so sure about that. There were about ten people who had this option.

Mischek2:

If it's not zzz, it's up to you to formulate it.
it doesn't take long to draw a picture

I have already drawn and formulated it here.
We set the pullback percentage, e.g. 25% and output the size of the longest trend, e.g. 500 pips, and the date - to see where it is and how it was.

DmitriyN:
Set the rollback percentage, e.g. 25%, and output the size of the longest trend, e.g. 500 pips, and the date to see where it is and how it was.
You get stuck with ticks. You have to set the minimum size of the knee in any case. It's the same as a zigzag, only the construction is different.

DmitriyN: I don't understand what's there for and why. At least explain then.

That script was used to compile a list of financial instruments ordered by volatility(in the author's understanding, the instrument with the highest number of zig-zag knees over a given time frame is the most volatile). But this was the task. And the subtask was to run all the zigzags(with different parameters, equivalent to those given in the trend definition) on all symbols. The script does it. It just collects information about the number of bends during the run, while you should just collect information about the size of the bend - add a couple of lines of code for comparison.

P.S. I gave it as an example, not only because of ziz-zag, but also so that you could check out the code and algorithms, and maybe even the idea of application itself.

DmitriyN:
Yes, that's true, you're right. I was just trying to apply some distance in my script when developing the algorithm, after which the calculation can be run in a loop.
Maybe it should be 2-3 times bigger than spread.

You can make a similar indicator. In points or ppm. Although I already did it in ppm.

DmitriyN:
Alexander, your inductor is hanging the computer. Maybe the story is very big, but it hangs a lot.

Well, try putting an indicator on a standalone chart... :-) - Maybe I've got the wrong version that dynamically draws pullbacks and movements ...

it should look like this ..:

I.e. for a Sell trade - search for a local low...

if the price passes not less than 60.0 points upward from it (sort of a local maximum) - follow the situation when the price has rolled down 25% from the local maximum

as soon as this event occurred - it is possible to expose the Pending Sell deal -

the opening price is the local maximum.

TP - 25% of it - and the SL is the same -

on the chart - Purple squares local high... blue and red squares the TP and SL of the trade...

All stolen before us, back in 2006.

made by ANG@ on spider post #110173 - 09/03/2006 http://forex.kbpauk.ru/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/100566/page/1/fpart/1/vc/1

At first I built it by 38% with my hands, got it wrong in red (it was close to the line), then I got it right with the indicator

And the ZUP can not be used

Vinin:

There's been a lot of copy broken on ZZ, and I'm not the only one. Maybe, of course, a different approach is needed. I recently finished pattern recognition (with Kohonen) and decision making. Unfortunately the result is negative. Maybe you just need to take a holistic approach.
Maybe I should stop recognizing patterns and forget about TA at the same time. And then there's that.

faa1947:
Maybe we should stop recognizing patterns and forget about TA? And then forget about TA?

Your position is clear: - Throw it all out! All of it!

What do you suggest instead?

Or should I send what you're proposing to the pile as well?

Just to save you the trouble... :)))