Catastrophe theory - page 5

C-4:

:)

In the light of this definition, yes. That's why I'm afraid to mention trend and flat in vain.

To DmitriyN

It is possible to give a correct definition of a trend and a flat according to the results of this TS.

Avals:
A flat is a return to the mean for example. But it is practically useless to determine post factum where there is a trend and where there is a flat, if we do not suppose that this condition will last some time after the time of ratification. Or another way is to know when a particular market condition is more probable (before the actual identification).

Why to the mean? To the initial price. An element of a flat can be seen as two oppositely directed trends. I would not say it is useless, it is a very important information on the basis of which one can make forecasts about the future price state. Exactly the condition, not the direction of movement.

ivandurak:

Imho, a correct definition of trend and flat can only be given within a particular TS according to the results of the life of that TS.

I would not say system, but theory, on which dozens of different systems can be based. One system can hardly cover the entire market. As one of the moderators here said, most of the time you have to "smoke bamboo".

DmitriyN:
Why to the average? To the original price. The flat element can be seen as two oppositely directed trends. I would not say it is useless, it is a very important information on the basis of which you can make forecasts about the further price state. Exactly the condition, not the direction of movement.

Give me the definition of EXECUTIVE PRICE

Mischek2:

Give me the definition of EXPECTED PRICE.

you promised only to keep an eye on the mosquito and ala ulu. cheating is NOT good

Freud:

you promised only to look after the mosquito and ala ulu. cheating is NOT good

shoo

Avals:

A flat is a return to the average for example.

In such a case, a distinction must be made between cases of price-versus-average and price-versus-average.

Yep. + option 3 - return of the average price to the average price)))

Freud:
Yeah. + option 3 - return of the average price to the average price)))

Exactly to the original price. The average has nothing to do with it at all.

DmitriyN:

Exactly to the original price. The average has nothing to do with it at all.

Define INITIAL PRICE

Mischek2:
Give the definition of EXISTING PRICE
I am not involved in arguments.