[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 85

And where in the code do you draw it?

And what appears after the test, that's what the terminal shows you that you have called the given indicator, and it has nothing to do with your EA.

sergeev:
maybe write a script or an expert?

Found the script.

Thanks for the tip.

FAQ:

And where in the code do you draw it?

And what appears after the test, that's what the terminal shows you that you have called the given indicator, and it has nothing to do with your EA.

Please show me what you need to add in the code so that the EA starts to draw the line.

atztek:

I would like to get back to the issue of using iCustom.
Here is a simple Expert Advisor that draws Moving Average:

We run it in the Tester and see that the line itself appears only after the Tester finishes its work.
1. Why the line is not drawn during operation, with every new bar?

2. How can this be achieved?
Thank you!

1. Because that's what iCustom and the tester do.

2. On the chart of the instrument (any) terminal, throw an ind. cf. and then save a template with the SAME name as the name of the Expert Advisor being tested. After running the test of this owl in visualization mode - woo - ah - la - la!

And do not forget to set the same parameters on the already tested chart in the visualization mode of testing by double-clicking with the left mouse on this indicator as you set in the Expert Advisor:

int    MA_Period  = 13;
   int    MA_Shift   = 0;
   int    MA_Method  = 0;

Roman.:

1. Because that's what iCustom and the tester do.

2. On the chart of a symbol (any) terminal you drop an ind. skew, then save a template with the SAME name as the name of the Expert Advisor being tested. After running the test of this owl in visualization mode - woo - ah - la - la!

And do not forget to set the same parameters on the already tested chart in the visualization mode of testing by double-clicking with the left mouse on this indicator as you set in the Expert Advisor:

I.e. you confirm that it's not about the code, but that it's basically impossible to draw MA in EA in real time using iCustom?
(Your solution is clear to me, but I would like to deal with iCustom in case I have missed something)

atztek:
So you are confirming that it's not about the code, but that it's basically impossible to draw MA in EA in real time using iCustom?
(Your solution is clear to me, but I would like to deal with iCustom in case I have missed something)

It is not possible to draw with just this function. Read articles about tester's work - it's all written there, I can't remember exactly where...

Many people use the method I described - try it, it will work.

You can also just stupidly throw this indicator on the tester's chart in visual mode and enjoy what you see ... In order that, with each start of the tester is not troubled with throwing the same indices used by Owl - created a template with their NAME, like a TESTED COUNTER and all - when you test - immediately see all the indicators.

The question is different - what is tested with different parameters of these indices in this or that test, because the parameter values of indices will be what is in the saved template, so in ANY case with different tests of this owl with different values of these parameters - their values will need to be fixed in the picture in the visualization mode and all.

Roman.:

It is not possible to draw with just this function. Read articles about tester's work - it's all written there, I don't remember where exactly...

Many people use the way I've described - try it, it'll work.

You can also just throw this indicator on the tester's chart in visual mode and enjoy what you see... In order that, with each start of the tester is not troubled with throwing the same indices used by Owl - created a template with their NAME, like a TESTED COUNTER and all - when you test - immediately see all the indicators.

The question is different - what is tested with different parameters of these indices in this or that test, because the values of parameters of indices will be what is in the saved template, so in ANY case with different tests of this owl with different values of these parameters - their values will need to be fixed in the picture in the visualization mode and all.

Thank you!

atztek:
Please show what needs to be added to the code for the EA to start drawing a line.

Function SetArrow().

Thank you!

Roll:

Here.

It's been passed down for you:

a cool watch found for everyone:

http://www.stocktime.ru/index.html

Anyway, I understood that " the calculation in 5 MetaTradere

and in 4 a similar NormalizeDouble()

for the secret key.