[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 81

alsu, let's say the time is reduced to 10 seconds. 10 pips in 10 seconds => buy or sell depending on the direction... is this realistic?

Zdrastvujte,prozba mozet i nevteme i ne tom forume,nadejus moderatorsi nezabanet.prozba, mozet kto mozet otvezat imejuscejse sovetnik ot partniorsj silki? mozno licku?

I don't even know where to write, the situation is funny. I just launched an EA (I wrote it myself, it's my first EA... I've known mql no longer than 2 weeks) on mt4 and in a few hours the disk with the platform installed was 100% full (about 30 gigs) I cleaned it from junk, re-launched the EA and got 0 again. Uninstalled the platform, cleaned the drive with ccleaner... and it only freed up 3 gigs. Has anyone encountered anything like this?

Keda: I don't even know where to write, the situation is funny. I just launched an EA (I wrote it myself, it was my first EA... I've known mql no longer than 2 weeks) on mt4 and in a few hours the disk with the platform was 100% full (about 30 gigs), i cleaned it from junk, re-launched the EA and got 0 again. Uninstalled the platform, cleaned the drive with ccleaner... and it only freed up 3 gigs. Has anyone encountered anything like this?
Check terminal and tester logs. You may be putting too much unnecessary information out there.

What if I've already deleted the terminal? It's kind of messy, with a lot of shortcuts and folders left behind... is there some sort of "library" for the software?

oDin48:
Alsu, let's say we reduce the time to 10 seconds. 10 pips in 10 seconds => buy or sell depending on the direction... is it realistic?

The code doesn't change in principle, everything is the same... I'll try to sketch out

Keda, C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\InstaTrader\tester\logs there are very large log files saved in txt documents when testing.

oDin48:
Keda, C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\InstaTrader\tester\logs there are very large log files saved in txt documents when testing.

THANK YOU!!! ) I don't believe it ) horrible thing... 4 text files turned out to be in the folder. 3 of them up to 50kb, and one 20 gigs.... Thanks so much for the valuable info... By the way, how to avoid such logs later on?

Can you tell me what to do? I download the terminal, install it. I download quotes from MQ. I opened the tester and I choose the dates from 2011.01.01 to 2012.04.01 but the owl is tested only till 2012.01.13 and then quotes break down till mid-March and from mid-March till now it is again.