To the world conspiracy plotters and complete paranoiacs, or simply those who like to control the price, you are welcome! ;) - page 19

The head ram and the ewe lamb are kept to replenish the flock (for the time being).

sanyooooook:

Explain to me why I need to test an EA on several years of history to understand that it works.

ZS: I only use the tester to find logical and technical errors, it cannot do more.

This way the sample is larger. If you have a high risk strategy, you should only try it once a week, then in a month it will fail.

If you use a high-risk strategy and think that the main thing is to withdraw your money in time before you lose it, it's a delusion... So are locs.

jelizavettka:

This is the chart from the real?????????

You know, basically, what difference does it make? - think about it. especially if you're trading with your hands.

I did an experiment, I told about this experiment in private to the person who asked me the question a few minutes ago. The trick is that one always trades more profitable on demo hands than on real. I realised this and understood it, so I started to open trades first on the demo, and then open them immediately on the real one. For almost a year I traded in profit... Then something went wrong in my brain - it seemed that I was not able to cheat my brain for more than a year, even though it was too long, and the real account started to fail. I started to use real account and demo kept growing - this broker simply delayed execution and delayed closing (by much delay, a few dozen hours). Although, it wasn't just the broker's fault, to be honest, it was my greed/fear as well.

Heh. It's not the cents.

jelizavettka:

This way the sample is larger. You can test it for a week and get grail results, while you can get a month's worth of losses.

If you use a high-risk strategy and think that the main thing is to withdraw your money in time before you lose it, this is a delusion... just like locs.

Blindfold yourself and run through the road, based on the results of the moving average of the path you've traveled. )

//- no amount of sampling will save in determining direction this way.

And how do you do it in reality, let's say you get up at night without turning on the light and go to the toilet? )

joo:

You know, basically, what difference does it make? - think about it. especially if you trade with your hands.

I did an experiment, I told about this experiment in private to the person who asked me the question a few minutes ago. The trick is that the person always trades more profitable on demo hands than on real. I realised this and understood it, so I started to open trades first on the demo, and then open them immediately on the real one. For almost a year I traded in profit... Then something went wrong in my brain - it seemed that I was not able to cheat my brain for more than a year, even though it was too long, and the real account started to fail. Real was losing and demo kept growing - this broker fucks just delayed execution and delayed closing (by a lot, a few tens of hours).

Heh. That's not cents.

Well done. A few dozen hours... Well... that's bullshit! AND WHAT DID THOSE BASTARDS DO TO EXPLAIN THEIR BEHAVIOUR?

jelizavettka:
Well done. A few dozen hours... Well... that's bullshit! AND WHAT DID THOSE BASTARDS DO TO EXPLAIN THEIR BEHAVIOUR?

With what, the offer, of course.

sanyooooook:

Blindfold yourself and run down the road, based on the results of a glancing average distance travelled. )

And how do you do it in reality, let's say you get up at night without turning on the light and go to the toilet? )

What does the average have to do with it? .... the 10 year history test chart should be smoothly superior! with minimal equity drawdowns. .... well... and profitability... from 100%; p.a.

jelizavettka:

They did not explain their behaviour in any way - back then it worked (for people like them). Nowadays, the market (in the broader sense of the word) is more civilised and wideranging, and therefore such exploits as those of that time can only be regarded as masochism.

A lot has changed in these 3-4 years....

jelizavettka:
What does the average have to do with it? .... 10 year history test chart should be smoothly superior! with minimal equity drawdowns. .... well... and profitability... from 100%; p.a.

)

joo:

They did not explain their behaviour in any way - back then it worked (for people like them). Nowadays, the market (in the broadest sense of the word) is more civilised and expansive, and therefore feats such as those back then can now only be seen as masochistic.

A lot has changed in those 3-4 years....

that's good to know.